The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone ever had issues with VOSA and MOTs

T2 MSW

Just come to tax the supra so I can take it out and have a play and so I can get to a sprint event this weekend.

VOSA are saying that its not got an MOT and never had one!!! Registration has never changed since I got it and never had an issue taxing it online until now.

Ive had 3 MOT certificates over the last few years and no issues before.

Sods law now I need it I dont have the pathetic peice of paper they now give you for its current MOT, what I do have is 2 receipts for june last year from the garage that MOTed it one for a failure due to seat belts and the receipt for the pass. I suspect they have just not updated it.

Just phoned the garage and they have no records of the car either :(

Anyone come across VOSA and issues with lack of MOT details before, VOSA's current stance is - Go get it MOTed and come back to us.

I lost my MOT, went back to the garage and they simply printed me off another, sounds like yours never went on the system, only choice is to nip down a local MOT station id say.

+1

done this several times think it cost £10 (might be because it was a commercial vehicle)

Id love to but dont have the time before the weekend, looks like may have just wasted £130 :(

Have you got a friend who can maybe take it for you before the weekend? You still got tomorrow & Friday to sort it out. :)

You could try taking the receipt to the garage for proof but it sounds like they didn't put it on the system as mentioned above, and the easiest thing will be just to get another MOT, especially as you only had 2 months left. It will cost you nearly the same amount in time and money to try and sort it out with the garage and VOSA.