The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do we fall out of love with our supra's

chazuk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love my supra. i love the feeling of buying new parts then stepping back and seeing it on the car. currently have my wheels with ibrar and cant wait to have them back :D got some stuff from jamesy that i cant wait to put on the motor :) my daily's on the other hand i spose i do get abit bored. but i do love my little fiesta :love:

Lol nice sig , shame you have to sell the sup though :(

LOL ! its been called many things inculding a skybus but not a cab :p

Good call this forum is great best I have been on everyone I have met from here as always been top notch aswell . Whats the plans for yours next ?

I don't know where the cab thing came from to be honest, I always had a soft spot for the R32 GTR.

Mine is going to get a full body blow over to get it straight, sub frames off and sprayed, underside re-undersealed, wheels returned, brembo brakes and TRD sango exhaust fitted (still in my shed), ubrar Abflug front bumper (when he repairs the mould), TRD bonnet and a custom diffuser, I thinks that's it.... For now. I'm to be at this for a while, I havnt even moved onto power yet. I just know I want lots of it!

Never ever got bored of the supra, past or present, everytime i drive it ive got a grin and im just happy im not in an everyday shitbox. Years ago i had a 200sx s14a and i loved every second of ownership, the only reason i sold was to move on to a TT, well it wasint even that, it was rust on my s14 that pushed me to get rid, glad i did because the supra imo is one special motor. I think there are certain cars out there that you never get bored of. Since owning my TTs i feel as tho ive attained my perfect motor and have never felt that i need to sell it, because unless youve got like 50+grand to spend i dont think theres much out there with the looks and performance and the following this car has.

Nope. Although, that being said, I've not been able to drive mine for a consistently long enough stretch to examine that theory comprehensively.

I do know this, though:

1) daily driving a 600+hp car is fun, if only for the knowledge you can beat 99% of cars and bikes out there if you had the inclination

2) owning a car powerful enough to kill you, if you do something stupid, is a great cure to the boredom of a standard econobox.

I fall out sith love with mine all the time.

I always want to do something to it but i cant justify the money with wanting to move.

The new want is a full TopSecret V12 body kit but at 6k thats all it will be a want.

And i thought you had good taste, please dont.

I've had mine a year and I'm still as much in love with him as the day I bought him :)

But then I'm a soppy woman and I miss a few of the cars I've owned - Gracie the Grey Granada (mk2, complete shed, sounded like a tank), Nina the Cortina, Boris the BMW (525i)

When I fell out of love with mine I had it built up.

That soon got rid of the feeling of needing to change.

As a base car, a supra is such a complete car that it's hard for anything to compare. Unless your talking big money cars.

I always wanted to try a R32 GTR though, so I bought a 600hp one. They are awesome cars and if you can afford both it's the perfect mix. But if I had to choose only one it would be a Supra for sure :)

No matter what you'll end up regretting selling the Supra!

7 or is it 8 years of Supra ownership (Cant remember as my little cornish brain is getting smaller:blink:) and I dont think I have ever fallen out of love with either of them. My present car has not had much TLC recently due to the house move and work but she always makes me smile.:eyebrows:

I have only had my supra for a week so im no where near falling out of love with mine. But mine is only and N/A so I sometimes think what if I do fall out of love with it. That's why I have a back up plan. A savings account for an NA-T conversion kit and fitting. That should do the job :-)

I fell out of love with my UK spec when someone drove into me, and then immediately afterwards the heater matrix went :( i was going to spend a small fortune on going single, but the love was gone and I decided I wanted a TRD3000GT.

Then Jurgen showed me a GT35R single Supra he was importing, and the love came back. I loved that car, and tbh when I later went to university, I could have put it into storage and kept it, but decided that it was an expensive luxury to have sat around, and sold it.

I regret that decision every day. A huge chunk of that money was 'sensibly' reinvested, and is now either gone completely, or tied up in shares that are worth very little (I wanted to use expletives there, but I saw the bump on the swearing thread :D )

And now, I can no longer afford to go to university, due to vastly increased living costs and the mounting costs of work that needs doing on my house.

So in summary, I've gone from being in a well paid job with a fantastic Supra, to being Supraless, looking for a job and trying to keep my house in one peice.

So remember, keeping your Supra is always the sensible choice :D

well said

When I fell out of love with mine I had it built up.

That soon got rid of the feeling of needing to change.

As a base car, a supra is such a complete car that it's hard for anything to compare. Unless your talking big money cars.

I always wanted to try a R32 GTR though, so I bought a 600hp one. They are awesome cars and if you can afford both it's the perfect mix. But if I had to choose only one it would be a Supra for sure :)

No matter what you'll end up regretting selling the Supra!

I was forever falling out with mine, had it 4 years and probably decided to sell it about 4 times but then quickly retracted. The final time I decided to sell it, I priced it well to ensure it went quick before I changed my mind. Im currently supraless and to be honest, I'm finding it a bit of a relief.

The car became less of a possession and more of an obsession; wouldn't park it in small or busy car parks, wouldn't wash it without foam pre wash, oil changes every 4 months or I wouldn't drive it, I wanted to replace everything on the car too. Sold up, bought a superbike and am enjoying the cheap thrills.

I will own a supra again because i think theyre the balls; but in my opinion, unless the car is just a weekend toy, they can be a bit consuming and you will need a break from them to get the love back