The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do we fall out of love with our supra's

chazuk

Is it just me or do we wall out of love with our sup's? , what I mean is before a supra I had a skyline and that felt special for awhile like almost all new things in life but the last couple of years I had it I didn’t feel that way about it anymore, it’s like you forget what you have got until it’s not yours.

I saw a skyline the other day similar to my old one and I got neck ache looking at it thinking wish I had one of those after a few seconds I thought hold on that is the same as my old one why am I thinking that ! Even after that thought I find myself automatically on pistonheads looking at skylines weighing up what I’d get for mine to buy another skyline.

It’s not just the skyline though I am on my 4th Supra now and every time I did not have a supra they would be everywhere just to rub it in or have a odd ride out in a mates one and when I’m sitting in the passenger seat and it’s not yours and you don’t have one it’s just different and just think wow how fat is this ! when I have one its oh just a supra yea it’s alright I seem to forget.

Just whatever happens I must resist selling the sup as I know what will happen it will be a round circle I will be driving something else going wow look at that supra .

I did find a quick fix is let the misses drive the supra and I would drive her car and let her have it flat past you get that automatic smile then the oh yea that’s my car and it looks and sounds the nuts :) ...... now give me my car back woman :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ive just sold my skyline after owning her (Belle) for nearly 4 years, i loved the car but was kinda falling out of love with her in a way... that probably sounds odd what ive just said. one of those cars i threw every penny in to to get her right and when i did i kinda ran out of things to do without throwing more money at her.

i dont own a supra so dont have one to fall out of love with yet, look at the classifieds and see some nice one's...still look at the skyline classifieds too so may get another skyline , all depends what turns up i think.

sometimes when its not working , now its fixed i love it again

That is probably the worst time aswell when things start to break

I have been out of love with ours for about 6 months. I keep shopping on PH and looking for another car that can sit on my drive and not get used.

I am beginning to think I only have a flash car to annoy my neighbours.

H.

LOL I like that :)

I get like that with my daily drivers, i dont use the supra enough to ever get bored of it, infact its the other way round for me, i get the supra out to cheer myself up if needed, quick blast and im good as gold.

I know your quick blasts .... I had to throw away those boxers :D

Could always buy a skyline as well that way when u feel the ache for another car you simply go to your garage and get in the other one :)

I tried that for as long as I could and I will be honest I could not keep up with the cost of running them both :(

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3379/dscn0038l.jpg

I get like that with my daily drivers, i dont use the supra enough to ever get bored of it, infact its the other way round for me, i get the supra out to cheer myself up if needed, quick blast and im good as gold.

Like Jamie, mine gets driven at the weekends mainly. As soon as I sit in the car I automatically smile. :)

In life you always get complacent, example you meet a really hot girl, you go out with her & then 2 months later you don't find her as hot as when you first met her. Same as first time I drove a Ferrari, I was so excited but after I had driven a few it wasn't 'as exciting' as the first time.

I sold my previous Supra & it was such a regret I got back in one 8 months later even though I wasn't in the position to.

Like Jamie, mine gets driven at the weekends mainly. As soon as I sit in the car I automatically smile. :)

In life you always get complacent, example you meet a really hot girl, you go out with her & then 2 months later you don't find her as hot as when you first met her. Same as first time I drove a Ferrari, I was so excited but after I had driven a few it wasn't 'as exciting' as the first time.

I sold my previous Supra & it was such a regret I got back in one 8 months later even though I wasn't in the position to.

So true that Abz !

I've not had my car around enough in the last 2 years to fall out of love with it!

But I can't wait to get it back!!

my current supra has been off the road sometime aswell , do you ever think hold on moment the ammount of money Ive put in this and its still not finished I could give up and buy a .....

My current supra is up for sale, see sig ;), I have had it for nearly 7 years and I had an na for 2 years prior to that. I am only selling because I need to not want to, I will miss it greatly and will be buying another.

Did I mention mine is currently for sale :D

I didnt know you owned a cab. :p

I fall out of love when, as it as the moment, in bits, and i see a long slog of hard work coming to get it running and looking the way i want. but every now and then i look out of the window and the sun catches its rear humps and i remember why i love it. The forum helps too, i cant imagine joining another one and having as much fun! :cool:

My current supra is up for sale, see sig ;), I have had it for nearly 7 years and I had an na for 2 years prior to that. I am only selling because I need to not want to, I will miss it greatly and will be buying another.

Did I mention mine is currently for sale :D

Lol nice sig , shame you have to sell the sup though :(

I didnt know you owned a cab. :p

I fall out of love when, as it as the moment, in bits, and i see a long slog of hard work coming to get it running and looking the way i want. but every now and then i look out of the window and the sun catches its rear humps and i remember why i love it. The forum helps too, i cant imagine joining another one and having as much fun! :cool:

LOL ! its been called many things inculding a skybus but not a cab :p

Good call this forum is great best I have been on everyone I have met from here as always been top notch aswell . Whats the plans for yours next ?

What is it about supra owners caling skylines Cabs/ taxi's? soon as i mentioned i had a skyline it was like BOOM! hit him in the nuts.:taped:

Have no idea its been around for ages maybe they feel threatend :) ,it could be worse my mates with cossies used to call mine a datsun

Have no idea its been around for ages maybe they feel threatend :) ,it could be worse my mates with cossies used to call mine a datsun

Ah thats another one, i never heard the phrase Cab/ taxi untill i came on here... just used to be called a Datsun owner.