The mkiv Supra Owners Club

for all you gamers, what systems you running

supraGZaerotop

for any of you into the online gaming scene, mainly bf3 and race sims gtr etc, this is my system,

i built it 2 years ago and lots of dosh spent, 2 years on and it still takes down pretty much any game i throw at it maxed out

some pics

i7,12gb ram, 480sli , 1200watt psu 2.5tb harddrive, cosmos s case along with a matrox system that runs 3 screens for resolution of 5750x1050

link to gtr running on 3 screens

Logitech....G25? Wheel looks a bit different to my G27 so I'm guessing its that. Awesome bits of kit, love mine!

I've had an Asus G2SG for almost 4 years now. Don't do much gaming on it anymore cause its a bit dated and wont handle much but it hasn't skipped a beat in all those years. :D As far as custom and building goes I've only ever built one system and that was for my CarPC in my Focus. That was geared for audio quality more than anything but was still an okay spec.

Would love to have something like yours on day though, looks like a nice bit of kit! :thumbs:

Don't have any pictures to upload atm but ill put some up when I get home, here's my gaming systems.

My current gaming laptop is an Alienware M11x R3 laptop, Intel Core i3-2357M (1.3GHz, 3MB Cache), 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 64, 250 GB SATA II Hard Drive (7200 RPM), 11.6in Widescreen High Definition (1366X768) Truelife WLED, 1GB GeForce 560M. I bought it specifically for LAN partys and for playing WoW at my G/F's as I already have a ThinkPad T60 for work stuffs, its not the fastest but with a 768p screen it hardly has massive work to do plus it was £400 from the dell outlet due to a scratch on the underside of the laptop lol.

My old tower that I have just replaced was a home built system, Intel Core i3-540 over clocked (3.06GHz @ 4.0Ghz, 4MB Cache), 4GB OCZ Gold Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Windows Vista Home Premium 64, 600 GB SATA II WD VelociRaptor Hard Drive (10,000 RPM), 21in Acer Widescreen (1600X900) LCD, 1GB GeForce 460GTX OC. It was a good system and ran everything I wanted (at the resolution I used) but its now been disassembled and the parts are being sold off gradually.

My new system I have replaced it with is a 2011 model 27" iMac, Intel i5-2400 (3.1, 3.4 turbo, 6M Cache), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Dual boot OSX Lion and Windows 7 Home Premium 64, 1 TB SATA II Hard Drive (7200 RPM), 27in Widescreen High Definition (2560x1440) LED, 1GB Radeon 6970m. It was a lot of money to spend but it was what I wanted plus resale value of Macs is better than other PC's, it runs WoW great at 1440p but thats not the main reason I bought it, I still run Vista on my laptop and XP pro SP3 on my workstation in work because I genuinely dislike the foreground "improvements" made with Windows 7 (my M11x has a theme to make it look like Vista) and after seeing the W8 beta I flat out hated it was convinced MS were going even further overboard with the shininess and the simplicity so I decided to jump ship and so far im loving it, I can sleep like a rock 6ft away from the machine as it silently stays on 24/7, I can play most games at 1440p and because the res is exactly double 1280x720 I can play future titles at 720p if needed without the screen being out of focus due to running at a non-native res.

My current setup;

- 46" Samsung LED 3D SMART TV (with Internet connection)

- Bose Companion 3 system, with remote hub custom extended and fitted to my coffee table

- PS3, 60gb so that I can play PS1&PS2 games

- Xbox 360

- Wii, Plus GameCube controllers

- Sony Xperia S Android Smartphone, streams games and music wirelessly through the TV and even has Wii and PS3 controller compatibility, meaning I can run loads of different emulators and play them bough the TV.

I used to have a big PC setup but don't have any space for such things these days, nor as much time to play on the games :(

I love my old dells tho, theyre still mint, 2005 models, 1920x1200 each and got vga, dvi, component, composite and svideo so theyve always been future proof for me, only thing they havint got is hdmi. These things were the best, over £400 each, elec is ok, but yeah its a washing machine lol

Amazing setup ! 1200W PSU your leccy bill gonna sting a bit lol... but I guess you need it to run those GPUs!

I'd personally get better monitors for that setup though....

Yeah original g25, had it since 2008 and hasint missed a beat, getting harder to get now while holding good money,

Logitech....G25? Wheel looks a bit different to my G27 so I'm guessing its that. Awesome bits of kit, love mine!

I've had an Asus G2SG for almost 4 years now. Don't do much gaming on it anymore cause its a bit dated and wont handle much but it hasn't skipped a beat in all those years. :D As far as custom and building goes I've only ever built one system and that was for my CarPC in my Focus. That was geared for audio quality more than anything but was still an okay spec.

Would love to have something like yours on day though, looks like a nice bit of kit! :thumbs:

I love my old dells tho, theyre still mint, 2005 models, 1920x1200 each and got vga, dvi, component, composite and svideo so theyve always been future proof for me, only thing they havint got is hdmi. These things were the best, over £400 each, elec is ok, but yeah its a washing machine lol

Ah fair enough :) Hard to find monitors with that res nowadays :) I am thinking your setup will be more awesome if the monitors have thinner frames... still awesome setup lol. I had SLi before but one card died due to overheating. Had a nice Antec 900 case with plenty of air cooling but I guess room was too hot... Always wanted to go liquid cooling but don't have funds...

Nice case, snap ;)

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/watercooled_small2.jpg

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/triton2.jpg

Spec changes all the time (every 6 - 12 months) I currently have a Sabertooth Z77 and a i5 3570K Ivy Bridge sat on my desk at work ready to be implemented. :)

nice custom cosmos you have there, i always liked the cosmos s for the massive space you get.

Nice case, snap ;)

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/watercooled_small2.jpg

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/images/triton2.jpg

Spec changes all the time (every 6 - 12 months) I currently have a Sabertooth Z77 and a i5 3570K Ivy Bridge sat on my desk at work ready to be implemented. :)

i know what you mean, i could probably mod the bezels if i was that bothered, but the thickness off the bezels, u dont notice it, i use my matrox bezel managment software to correct the surround picture so it flows perfectly.

Ah fair enough :) Hard to find monitors with that res nowadays :) I am thinking your setup will be more awesome if the monitors have thinner frames... still awesome setup lol. I had SLi before but one card died due to overheating. Had a nice Antec 900 case with plenty of air cooling but I guess room was too hot... Always wanted to go liquid cooling but don't have funds...

i dont play as many these days on pc prefer xbox360.

my systems

LG 50" with internet connection

asrock ion small form factor pc for browsing and downloading and films

xbox360 120 gig

ps3 slimline mainly for bluray and uncharted games

wii for bowling and golf not used in over a year

mainly just go on internet these days but love red dead redemption games.still got old consoles gathering dust.

usa snes and backup device

playstation + ps2 + ps3

n64 + backup device

dreamcast

some old macines people seem to collect them always seeing them for sale at car boot sales old atari 2600 megadrives and game cubes