The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin turbo supra Any colour considered ...BPU : D

skyline1

Ideally BPU modifications, rust free ,low ish mileage . Can be a aerotop :) must have history .

Prefer a manual but with my budget I've got no chance.

My budget is 7k at the minuite but will increase slightly depending how much I pimp myself out.

On your budget, you might just be able to buy a 6 speed NA, a TT engine and pay for fitting. You'll be very luck though.

For your budget, I'd want an immaculate TT auto with FSH and decent miles. you might even get a UK car for that, with a bit of haggling.

If you are going to go to the trouble of "making" the car, ie. an aero six speed.

Then I would low ball this guy an offer of 4k or less(as that is about all it's worth IMO) then you will have 2k to find a clean N/A or rolling shell and 1k left to have all the good parts(TT engine, six speed Box, recaros etc) transferred. :)

Personally, I would wait and you will get a TT6 for £7000-7500 no problem.

Despite what is banded about on here, saying you "need" 9-10k for a TT6.

You will get one as long as you are quick enough to beat the trade and are willing to travel. :)

So if I buy a NA supra aero top cheap as chips what are the chances of finding a TT Engine cheap? I've seen the 6 speed boxes fetch £2500 so would it be cost affective?

Would it be cheaper to buy a good base TT car and possibly manual convert it at a later date?

You'll get an aerotop NA anywhere between £2500-£3500

Keron charges £2500 to supply and fit the TT Lump and I'm pretty sure he could source a 6speed box for you for £2-2.5k bringing it upto £7-7.5k

But that car then would be worth anywhere between £9-10k easily!

You'll get an aerotop NA anywhere between £2500-£3500

Keron charges £2500 to supply and fit the TT Lump and I'm pretty sure he could source a 6speed box for you for £2-2.5k bringing it upto £7-7.5k

But that car then would be worth anywhere between £9-10k easily!

That all sounds very easy mate and farther tempting, one question though .... Who is keiron lol?

Is this the sort of thing people tend to do alot too? I've not seen much or heard to much about people doing this.

Keron is the owner of extreme performance in Leicester, he's a trader on here, he also breaks Supras and is a really good guy to know.

I know of 2 people that Keron has done conversions for and my other friend is on his waiting list, they can't commend his work enough.

Want me to PM you his number?

Heres my spec:

Block Honed balanced, decked and cleaned.

New Pistons, conrods, rings.

ACL Race Bearings

ARP Hardware throughout.

New Seals and Gaskets throughout

Head reworked and upgraded.

SRD 264 Cams

Titan Cam Pullys

New Crankshaft, lightened and balanced to SRD spec

New Crank Pully

Whiftbitz Lightened pullys

New Oil Pump

New Water Pump

New Oil Filters

New Fuel Filters

Whifbitz Upgraded Braided Fuel Line. (removes pulsation dampner)

Cleaned and corrected Injectors

TRD Thermostat

Turbo Manifold skimmed

Intake manifold skimmed

SRD Alloys rad

SRD Twin Electric Fans

SRD Cooling Plate

SRD Oil Cooler for Auto Box

New Frnt cross memeber welded in and engine bay cleaned!!!

Blitz intercooler

Blitz Nur spec R

Apexi SAFC II

Apexi AVCR

IMG_4197.jpg

car1pic.jpg

More pics if interested

Take a look at eBay item number:

That would make for a good base for you.

Cheers mate I'll have a look when I get home.

Here keron thread, all his contact detail there. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?143751-Extreme-Performance

I'll try give him a call tomorrow mate and see what he says about it all, sounds a goo idea if it works out well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.