The mkiv Supra Owners Club

virus removal

erol_h

Ive got some annoying virus that i cant get rid off it pops up saying the police have your details if you pay 100 quid we will remove. Once this comes up on the screen i cant get out of it the only way i can is to restart the laptop and open a file before this file opens ive tried my avg virus scan but wount find a single virus.

Spybot search and destroy, it can be put on a memory pen or on a disk, I think the disk option is better, so you just put it in the drive then turn on your comp and it will run automatically and do its job, ofcourse you will need to get the software on a cd off a friends comp or somewhere

You can try running McAfee Stinger - its free and a one off program to try and remove the worst of whats out there at the moment but is not comprehensive and wont get everything. http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/how-to-use-stinger.aspx

The unfortunate truth is that once a machine is infected its most likely got a lot of 'back doors' that you cant remove so cleaning the machine only works for a short while as the back doors allow for re-infection. The only successful way to clean up the machine is to back up all your information > re-image the machine > get a good AV installed (not a free one, that includes Spyware, desktop firewall etc) > re-introduce the data whilst scanning it.

Its a pain, but the only 100% way to get a machine virus free.

if its the same one i had , i had no control over the pc at all, my mate came over and tried what was sugested but it didnt work , so he took it away .

makes you think the sad xxxxx that do these things , because even the payment methods on the virus allbeit looked very good they didnt work , so apart from just screwing up the pc what else could it achieve ?

Pm'ed mate :)

Oh and It may not be a Virus but a programme

If your XP click start - Run and type MSCONFIG, if you vista or 7 click on the orb and type MSCONFIG in the search bar. Once it opens click on the startup tab at the top and look for any suspicious programmes and untick the box. Then restart. If the problem doesn't happen again your onto a winner. Just go to control panel then just uninstall it :)

Reason I thought this maybe the problem was my dad had a same issue with his PC a programme kept loading itself up and looking like it was scanning his comp and saying he has hundreds of threats and viruses and he needs to purchase this programme to fix it.. Funny thing is he though it was genuine and asked me to have a look to delete these virus's....