The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV UK-spec - manual - any mileage or condition

freeland

Doubt it is that, exactly the same cars being in sold, infact weren't the UK Spec's all made in Japan anyway?

More like red tape from the driving agencies.

Import laws on the continent are much more strict than they are here. After speaking to a guy living in France and doing a bit of reading everything needs to be e marked. Even if the Japanese part is exactly the same it won't pass unless it has the relevant european safety stamp. Not 100% sure on this but I believe the UK setup was slightly different so it met emission standards.

Import laws on the continent are much more strict than they are here. After speaking to a guy living in France and doing a bit of reading everything needs to be e marked. Even if the Japanese part is exactly the same it won't pass unless it has the relevant european safety stamp. Not 100% sure on this but I believe the UK setup was slightly different so it met emission standards.

That is correct. Everything has to be E-marked. Doesnt help if you put E-marked headlights, brakes, belts++. The car has to be European. In 2007 they stopped the possibility of getting plates on JDM cars. If you have a jap-spec car, it has to be original, you can't even have bigger rims on it! I know.. its retarded.

So once the car is imported whilst original then it can be modified afterwards?

There was a thread on here about someone from Europe wanting to go single but hide the turbo so upon looking, no one could tell. Crazy laws not allowing modifications!

mark.. the thing is that if the buyers (from Norway) are going to buy a Supra from UK, they would prefer a stock engine or lightly modified so they could turn it back to stock and show it, get plates, and then turn it back to tuned again. They would never get plates on a car with heavy mods on it. They could only use it for the track. That's why im looking for a lightly modified car. I think it would be alot of work If one has to do a total engine swap to get it back to stock. Atleast for those who are only drivers and not Supra mechanics. Even Denmark and I think France have the strict laws. In Sweden you can import R34 Nur Spec or whatever spec you like.. with a turbo stickin out of your bonnet.. and still get plates..

Just to mention.. a Euro-spec Supra LHD over here.. costs about £55.000! :blink:

mark.. the thing is that if the buyers (from Norway) are going to buy a Supra from UK, they would prefer a stock engine or lightly modified so they could turn it back to stock and show it, get plates, and then turn it back to tuned again. They would never get plates on a car with heavy mods on it. They could only use it for the track. That's why im looking for a lightly modified car. I think it would be alot of work If one has to do a total engine swap to get it back to stock. Atleast for those who are only drivers and not Supra mechanics. Even Denmark and I think France have the strict laws. In Sweden you can import R34 Nur Spec or whatever spec you like.. with a turbo stickin out of your bonnet.. and still get plates..

Just to mention.. a Euro-spec Supra LHD over here.. costs about £55.000! :blink:

So what about cars without an engine swap? i.e. just ancillaries and turbo? I'm sure there are traders here that would do this for you, also the amount of stock parts - manifolds, turbos, stock parts which are available due to people here doing single conversions makes them quite plentiful / cheap. For instance I gave away my last stock exhaust!

A conversion from my Single kit to stock TT I would think takes 2 days labour with Whifbitz.

Have PM'd you about this in more detail.

You gave away your exhaust? hmmm..

Without swap it could do. When you are showing the car to inspection services, the car has to be stock. Even the rims have to be according to the factory 17" with 235/45R17 front and 255/40R17 rear. This is how stuck-up they are.

You gave away your exhaust? hmmm..

Without swap it could do. When you are showing the car to inspection services, the car has to be stock. Even the rims have to be according to the factory 17" with 235/45R17 front and 255/40R17 rear. This is how stuck-up they are.

A stock Supra exhaust isn't exactly a rare item! Mine was just sat in my shed gathering cobwebs and spiders and someone on the club needed one as theirs had deteriorated so club spirit kicked in :) I've also seen people sell them for £20. I'd guess also the same for stock 16s/17s and other parts. It'd just be bits like the active spoiler or such that's costly - or does the inspector not worry about stock parts that aren't there anymore?

I would imagine you won't find it troublesome to buy all the parts to revert any single'd UK-spec car, as every person who's gone single has to do something with them - then have the choice of selling the non-stock parts, or keeping them and rebuilding sometime in Norway (of course only for track use ;) )

Well let us know how your hunt goes, as said, mine's a stock block including the valve-stem seals being redone and all pumps, seals etc.

Guest Grasshopper

I have a red 1995 N reg UK manual TT that I am considering selling. 102k miles, full Toyota service history, pretty good condition. Any interest?

Guest Grasshopper
I have a red 1995 N reg UK manual TT that I am considering selling. 102k miles, full Toyota service history, pretty good condition. Any interest?

As requested, some more details about the car.

I have had this Supra since April 1998 and before me it has had 3 owners.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150982[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150983[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]150984[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150985[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]150981[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151021[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]151022[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151023[/ATTACH]

Generally good condition, runs great, no mods except for a new Bluetooth Radio/CD/MP3 player (I still have the original multi CD/radio).

A minor ding/dent by the drivers side rear arch and a scuff near the passenger side rear arch.

Let me know if you need any more info. I am open to sensible offers.

Cheers

Glad I moved to Sweden and not Norway..:) But in terms of import of cars, then they need to somewhat standard to get registered here i Sweden. But good luck finding a car.

Thx!

Ahh.. 5 years ago.. I was this close to moving to Sweden because of these rules! So laidback system in Sweden.. you dont have to pay any taxes or anything if you get a Euro-Spec from Germany as well.. i think only 120 swedish krones/ allmost £11 for the plates or something.. in Norway.. you have to pay aprox 122.000 krones / £13.253 in taxes plus roadtax which is £325 plus insurance.. so.. the total price of a Supra.. stock.. in Norway including all that.. comes to about £33.685 incl. car, transport, gas, tax tax tax, roadtax and some other stuff.. you can get alot of J-spec Supras for that price in Sweden.. its ridonculous :blink:

Hi, my car ticks all the boxes but its a Auto! Would you be interested? Thanks

I saw your car. Its lovely! If only it was a manual. Im loving the rims, the color, the bodykit, its perfect.. but ill let you know if I plan for an auto.

Are those Braid rims btw?

Thanks, the caps say pro5 or pros my uncle fitted them so I have no idea but I have never seen anyone else with them, they do look like braid style rims, I always thought what make they were but never asked him. He did all the work to it so if you wanted to know just drop him a message am sure he would not mind. Ibrar Jabar, he's doing an amazing build you've probably already seen it, makes my supra look like a wheelie bin lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.