The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Declaring all the mods ?

thedirtycat

How many people declare all their modifications ?

It seems like most people don't really tell the companies too much. I tried Admiral today as I'm already with them and this time I didn't mention the boost guage because I think they thought that was the same thing as a boost controller and I got stopped when I said it had a different BOV on it and was told that it was a highly modified car and they wouldn't insure it.

I've seen people on here say they are insured with them and they have BPU mods. I guess people just tell them its standard when its not ?

I don't like the idea of not telling an insurance company everything but are there some things you don't really need to tell them ?

Going to give CCI a call tomorrow and see what they say. I tried companies like Adrian Flux before but I just got crazy quotes from them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all mine are declared, with these cars being RWD and all. There is planty of times there gona step out, and if a nightmare scenario happens i'd want to be covered to the hills. :D

P.s if you cant afford to insure it, and declare all mods then sell it. And buy something cheaper

i told them everything, Didnt know you had to tell them about a boost gauge though :S??

I just told them everything on the advert to safe. I don't want them to not pay out because I didn't tell them about one thing though, even if it doesn't really make any difference.

all mine are declared, with these cars being RWD and all. There is planty of times there gona step out, and if a nightmare scenario happens i'd want to be covered to the hills. :D

P.s if you cant afford to insure it, and declare all mods then sell it. And buy something cheaper

I can afford it. Its just annoying when they just wont insure it because there is nothing I can do then. I guess some companies aren't good when it comes to modification.

admiral were find with my modifications, even though they still havnt sent me out my paperwork the nobs

What modifications ?

I think they didn't like the BOV and the suspension. Apparently it was just the combination of all the mods on the car that meant they couldn't insure it. When I said about the BOV he said something about it running higher boost or something haha.

I just tell them it's modified. Then read them a full spec list of everything that's different. They usualy take a note of things they need to know.

Or they ask how modified and I tell them the basics. Bhp. Bodywork etc. Then they give a quote. Then if I accept it I usualy arrange to email in the spec sheet. Whenever iv done that the quote has never changed.

Sky also send you a sheet to fill in and send back with all the paperwork.

well i had a bump the other month, i got a nice email through today saying she is trying to put a claim on me, (nice of her), luckily it wasn't a major one, just a dint and scratch.

Does that mean they are coming to check my car :S?

Yup, best fit that NA engine back in before the insurance bloke comes knocking :D

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Yup, best fit that NA engine back in brfore the insurance bloke comes knocking :D

:D no no, i had a bump the same day i told my insurance it was a twin turbo,

daddy would not let me drive it untill i told them :).

so im covered ;).

but yeh will they come check my car? ( because at the moment iv'e lost it :p )

I declared everything down to different brake fluid and badges :) you need to choose a better insurer

Yea sounds like it. Hopefully Ive have more luck with this CCI company tomorrow. If not I'll just get everything removed including the engine and then hopefully someone will insure me on it haha

Yea sounds like it. Hopefully Ive have more luck with this CCI company tomorrow. If not I'll just get everything removed including the engine and then hopefully someone will insure me on it haha

Is it a competition car? CCI only Insure cars used in connection with motorsport.

I'm with CCI and they aren't worried about mods, just send them a list after they insure you. the email them as you add things. Only interested in HP, value and mileage.

Is it a competition car? CCI only Insure cars used in connection with motorsport.

Hmm. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. I heard that they do cover normal road use to. I saw someone on the forum said that and I spoke to Jurgen today and he said they cover normal road use too.

I declared everything down to different brake fluid and badges :) you need to choose a better insurer

Yep anything non factory standard, even tyre profile sizes if they differ from the manufacturer. That's right tyre profile and widths :blink: