The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Morrisons car park

Soopra

This is exactly why some times I park across 2 spaces so that nobody can park on one side of my car, and the other side there is a lot of room. You get a few funny looks but you still have a nice unabused car....unless somebody decided to put a key to it in anger of course :D

Funny looks? Don't you mean 'angry' looks? You're probably more likely to have your car keyed for doing that than if you had taken up just one space for the sheer arrogance that you think your car is more important than anybody else's.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However I don't understand parent and child parking bays and I feel they are fair game for anyone with an expensive or wide vehicle to use. Most prams fold flat and are stored in the boot, and you don't generally need to open the door fully to get baby/child out.

Expensive or wide vehicle? Should there be some kind of supermarket parking warden who decides if your car is expensive or wide enough to use the space? Besides, with Supra prices as they are it's highly unlikely any would qualify!

And you've never had kids have you? Ever tried to get a 2 year old out of a car who would rather be strapped in their seat? Or tried to get a kid into the car who would rather sit in the trolley? It's like trying to get an octopus into a string bag.

Maybe next time just get the bus :)

Funny looks? Don't you mean 'angry' looks? You're probably more likely to have your car keyed for doing that than if you had taken up just one space for the sheer arrogance that you think your car is more important than anybody else's.

If you're in your Supra then you're right!!

It's the way of the world H. People try to bend the rules, seeing it as a victimless "crime" (I use the word loosely), but they forget they just makes things a little bit worse for everyone else.

That is the thing that gets on my nerves. The excuse "everyone else does it" is like speaking to a 4 year old child. Surely people must appreciate that if everyone just did as they liked for their own personal set of reasons then anarchy isn't far away.

Just park somewhere else, walk, use another car etc. Just don't pi$$ people off with arrogance or THEY will take matters into their own hands and in their own mind be justified for taking a chunk out of your car to teach you a lesson. Is it right? No but those people who didn't follow the rules or had any consideration initially are to blame.

H.

I saw a woman parking in a parent/child space a few years back. No kids in the car etc. This was the last parent/child space and i had got my wife and 2 week old daughter in the car. I asked her if she would mind parking somewhere else to allow us to use the space as intended. I was told to 'mind my own f@~*&%g business' and 'there are plenty of other spaces'. Slightly angry i wrote several notes and stuck them all over her car detailing her misdemeanour so all other shoppers could see the error of her ways. Once this was done i asked a mate of mine, who worked in the supermarket, to put a message over the tannoy asking for the owner of the car to move it as it was parked illegally. Naturally i waited outside and gave her a proper mouthful :)

Expensive or wide vehicle? Should there be some kind of supermarket parking warden who decides if your car is expensive or wide enough to use the space? Besides, with Supra prices as they are it's highly unlikely any would qualify!

And you've never had kids have you? Ever tried to get a 2 year old out of a car who would rather be strapped in their seat? Or tried to get a kid into the car who would rather sit in the trolley? It's like trying to get an octopus into a string bag.

Maybe next time just get the bus :)

Maybe next time leave the kids at home if they are that much of a problem, taking tham shopping surely adds to parents stress levels :) My gripe is the supra has long doors. So to open it and be able to squeeze out you ideally need 2 foot of room on the drivers side. Hence wider bays being needed.

I cant see how parents with kids are classed as 'DISABLED' and are therefore allocated wider parking bays, especially as they are normally located close to the store entrance where IMO thats where the disabled bays should be given priority.

Maybe next time leave the kids at home if they are that much of a problem, taking tham shopping surely adds to parents stress levels :) My gripe is the supra has long doors. So to open it and be able to squeeze out you ideally need 2 foot of room on the drivers side. Hence wider bays being needed.

I cant see how parents with kids are classed as 'DISABLED' and are therefore allocated wider parking bays, especially as they are normally located close to the store entrance where IMO thats where the disabled bays should be given priority.

Are you doing this deliberately? So people shouldn't take their kids to the shops and car parks should be designed for coupes only right?

Are you doing this deliberately? So people shouldn't take their kids to the shops and car parks should be designed for coupes only right?

No he's not.

He realises that toddlers are perfectly capable of running a home safely by themselves for hours on end, while mummy & daddy pop out for some shopping.

I completely disagree with this, I have unfortunately a Citroen C4 Picasso and when i go shopping it's a bloody pain not being able to get into the parent and baby spot (i have a 2 year old), and the wider parking is necessary! Unless you've got a child you wouldn't understand, they're wiggly little buggers! Try put a crying, kicking 2 year old into a car with half a foot room because some tw*T has parked so close! So frustrating!

Yes :p

But seriously it would be nice if all bays were the widened disabled/parent toddler space type then there wouldn't be any complaints.

No he's not.

He realises that toddlers are perfectly capable of running a home safely by themselves for hours on end, while mummy & daddy pop out for some shopping.

Indeed, will train my children in the ways of self sufficiency from a young age or lock them up 'people under the stairs' stylee.