The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Morrisons car park

Soopra

Just popped to my local Morrisons (Woking) for some supplies. Got back to my car to find some nice person has hit it :(

Did they leave me a note? Of course not!!

Needless to say I am not a happy bunny :(

Only saving grace in this is that they hit my wing that I already have a replacement for....

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582688_10150719094288928_575233927_9452962_1603338636_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536274_10150719094363928_575233927_9452963_1535985115_n.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is wrong but I always either park in a disabled spot or a parent and child spot as the parking bays are wider

I absolutely detest those that do this, I would be tempted to bash my trolley right into the car which is exactly what people like this deserve.

I absolutely detest those that do this, I would be tempted to bash my trolley right into the car which is exactly what people like this deserve.

Agreed regarding the disabled spot, people who park there deserve any 'accidental' damage that happens. Or ideally a fine and 3 points if supermarket security can pass the details onto the police.

However I don't understand parent and child parking bays and I feel they are fair game for anyone with an expensive or wide vehicle to use. Most prams fold flat and are stored in the boot, and you don't generally need to open the door fully to get baby/child out. If supermarket made bays as wide as parent and child spaces then there wouldn't be an issue. Also as an added bonus if the disabled bays were full then disabled commuters could still park and get out in a normal bay.

However as they may lose out on 50 odd spaces by widening the existing ones they see that as a profit loss. So until they do I park at the furthest edge of the supermarket across two bays, or if its full I wait for a parent and child space to open up, as IMO I am not hampering anyone or causing un-necessary problems.

I know this is wrong but I always either park in a disabled spot or a parent and child spot as the parking bays are wider

This is absolutely bang out of order to do that!..I have a disabled son who cannot walk but can drive a car with adaptations and i know what he has to go through if he cannot park near to the stores doorway...makes me livid if i see someone illegally parking in a disabled space! BUT... i do understand why you think as you do...to want to park in a "wider" space to try and avoid the idiots who couldn't care less if their kids "fling" the door open onto your car or the ones who just let their trolleys "do their own thing" into your car etc etc..

I myself try and park in the furthest most space away from the stores door, and even then, with loads of empty spaces all around me, when i get back to my car you can bet that just 1 other car has parked right next to mine!!lol!!...theres no winning i'm afraid..

Guest Lauren

Some really careless people in the world isn't there. I parked in Milton Keynes a few months back for a few hours whilst we did a bit of Christmas shopping and came back to a key mark down my door just under my door handle. Couldn't believe it, was fuming!

This is exactly why some times I park across 2 spaces so that nobody can park on one side of my car, and the other side there is a lot of room. You get a few funny looks but you still have a nice unabused car....unless somebody decided to put a key to it in anger of course :D

Someone did this to my Lexus on the Tesco car park .When i was sitting in the car he reverse to me and bump into the car , I've jumped out of the car and shout at him WTF

he show me a finger and drive off. this got me really pissed off:flame: ,so I legged across the bushes and wait for him near the exit .he saw me and speed up .

So I bended like beckham an Booted his mirror clean off :D:d

Someone did this to my Lexus on the Tesco car park .When i was sitting in the car he reverse to me and bump into the car , I've jumped out of the car and shout at him WTF

he show me a finger and drive off. this got me really pissed off:flame: ,so I legged across the bushes and wait for him near the exit .he saw me and speed up .

So I bended like beckham an Booted his mirror clean off :D:d

I would have noted his plate and phoned the cops and reported him for fleeing the scene of an accident, then faked an injury and had the insurers take him to the cleaners :p

Shall we mention the size of our works new car spaces Andy?.. :)

To be honest I can't say I've had any trouble with them. Having said that Poppy had the front of her BMW scraped all the way to the wheel arch and the sods never left a note. I don't think size matters *cough* but more the fact that a huge number of people cannot drive correctly these days and will try and get away with anything (lets face it, most of the time they do).