The mkiv Supra Owners Club

kumho v70 semi slick road race tyres

dr_jekyll

ok gents , lets start by saying i am in no way trading . a wholesaler i use has told me they are having a clearance on the v70 road leagal semi slicks and they are very cheap.

i am offering these out to my fellow supra owners at NO PROFIT , just what i can get them for , why i hear you ask,

A. because im nice

B. because they arnt the type of tyre ill sell in store ( evry body want dirt cheap taty part worns )

C. because running these car is dear enough and i like to help the forum when i can.

so i can get for you fine people

255/40/17 @ £147

225/40/18 @ £147

265/35/18 @ £157

285/30/18 @ £177

305/30/18 @ £190

this is the tyre in question http://www.camskill.co.uk/m118b0s695p49274/KUMHO_TYRES_TRACKDAY_TRACK_DAY_KUMHO_V70A_ECSTA_KUMHO_V70_A_-_305_30R18_98W_%28K21-SOFT%29_TL_

all including vat as you can see this is very cheap , once they are gone they are gone

can post for £10 a pair

if mods arnt happy with this pm me and i will remove but as i said , im just shring the love , im clearly not making money out of this

craig

• 2 weeks later...

Dont you have to put these through a heat cycle to make them work properly.

I had this discussion with a track day enthusiast last weekend that fitted Avon slicks

to their car and just went out and ran round for 30 + miniutes then found the tyres were

scrap.

I did tell them that scrubbing them in for a few laps first would be a good idea but they

didn't bother.

Avon recommend you do 3 to 4 laps of a 60/90 sec lap circuit then come in and let them fully

cool down.

Might pay you to contact Kuhmo and see if they can be more specific

I got this off their motorsport section

The life and performance of competition tyres will be improved if they are 'scrubbed in'

for a few miles before being run at racing speed.

UN QUOTE

Get them hot and let them cool down again? ive only done about 4 miles on them, no boost yet, they are that bad at the min its almost impossible to pull away in a straight line off boost, like driving on ice.

Have you burnt the first layer off j? I always give a set a burnout to clear off the chemicals and ensue I am not going to come unstuck.

Thanks for the feedback though as it may have saved people buying tyres that are not fit for purpose.

Agree with you, can't beat r888's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.