The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2012 - 7th July at Santa Pod Chat Thread

Branners

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks, if my supra sells may bring the bike

I will give you a race Gary, Maybe its time to get the 2012 Suprapod callout thread going ;)

Im expecting a lot of people to call me out this year:D now ive sold my drag kit and changing turbo.

Il be running my srd built bpu+++lol..so il be interested to see what it can do ;) had an s4, xkr and yesterday i pulled from a tuscan!! So if i can get in the 12s il be happy;)

A tuscan should run 12's easy dude, Pauls Tamora does and so do Griff 500's, I would be surprised if the Tuscan was going for it properly.

Question, is the track being fully prepped this year?

AFAIK Santa Pod never 'fully prep' a track for RWYB because all that happens is road cars just break if they dont wheelspin a bit, they may well spray some glue but that is not a prepped track, its why at a webster test day you cannot run on road tyres without prior arrangement !!!!

AFAIK Santa Pod never 'fully prep' a track for RWYB because all that happens is road cars just break if they dont wheelspin a bit, they may well spray some glue but that is not a prepped track, its why at a webster test day you cannot run on road tyres without prior arrangement !!!!

It was prepped at the first couple of suprapods and good 60ft times was easy.

They give it a quick spray of glue JP, it costs according to them over £3K to fully prep the track, theres Pro Mods and Top Fuel cars here cutting 1 sec and under 60fts yesterday as well as other cars struggling to get under 2 secs, track prep or car setup ????

They give it a quick spray of glue JP, it costs according to them over £3K to fully prep the track, theres Pro Mods and Top Fuel cars here cutting 1 sec and under 60fts yesterday as well as other cars struggling to get under 2 secs, track prep or car setup ????

Last year i got the best 60ft of the the day other than stuarts drag car with huge slicks so i dont think its the car, glued track makes all the difference imo and is well worth doing.