The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full Engine Rebuild

Chris Bailey

Chris, I think from now on, before you post up threads like this you really need to chat to your Dad first. Otherwise I can see a few things happening:

1. You are going to annoy your fellow members

2. You are going to tick off the garage doing the work

3. You are going to probably tick off your Dad too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not here to argue - I asked a question which one person has answered. I only asked what garages do in a full engine rebuild and then everyone just takes the piss and jumps at you with silly comments.

TBH, I didn't see many people taking the piss or making silly comments. I saw many members asking valid questions and offering advice. You really need to be careful otherwise I can see you alienating yourself from people who can be a great source of info in the future.

...and the Supra is the only car the Met police have had that has passed their brake test and used its factory brakes !!!!

The secrets out. Its still about, sitting in the CCC underground. Its done under 10k miles if I recall correctly too.

Chris, think before you type dude, no-one here is out for a man hunt. Use the search button or just call Paul, he can answer everything you want to know.

You asked the question what goes in to an engine rebuild.

Firstly it depends on what the reason is for the re build and secondly the level of spec your are rebuilding it to.

Surely your dad told Paul what he wanted doing for Paul to be able to give your daddy a quote. Then you could of asked your daddy what was going to be done and saved then need for this thread.

You need to search a lot more before you start firing question around.

Good luck with it all i hope your problems with the car are sorted with this work your having done.

You asked the question what goes in to an engine rebuild.

Firstly it depends on what the reason is for the re build and secondly the level of spec your are rebuilding it to.

Surely your dad told Paul what he wanted doing for Paul to be able to give your daddy a quote. Then you could of asked your daddy what was going to be done and saved then need for this thread.

You need to search a lot more before you start firing question around.

Good luck with it all i hope your problems with the car are sorted with this work your having done.

Thank-you for the support Ricky! I have learnt my lesson now and will not make the same mistake twice.

• 2 weeks later...

:( Chris .....im sorry you seem to be having problems with my old supra one thing i have to say is where do you get the 57,000 mileage from when i sold it, before Andy ( who you bought it off ) bought it, it had 90,000+ or so i cant remember the bang on milage as i gave all the 6 years info in a folder to the guys who bought it off me, i had it on a rolling road day and made 364bhp, the valve stem seal were on there way out only a little, but they dont make any difference in BHP i think, it had a very very small weep of oil around the rear rocker cover but it never made it down to the floor, as for the oil pump im stumped but all this was 2 years ago now

Hope you sort it out she served me well in the 6 years i had her

Cheers

-Ian-

Well he obviously lied then, Because on the advert it said 57000 miles and at the moment the car is on 92,000km. We had it dyno'd at Austec charity event and it made 340bhp fully bpu'd.

Im sure its reading miles not klms it might have been just on 90,000 when i sold it, and if it made 340BHP at austec and someone just said they was running low BHPs that day it sounds about right TBH

Cheers

-Ian-