The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1JZ single turbo manifold + a decent turbo to suit + oil block off plug and oil lines

little num

Hey all i have been forced into going single since my twins decided to eat somthing lol.

Anyways im after single turbo parts ready for the build i have to do.

Parts required are

1JZ manifold (non vvti)

braided lines for oil feed + return

Return flange

Oil feed blaking plug

heat wrap

and perhaps downpipe and anything else you can think i might need.

Also looking for a decent turbo to power my 1JZ, ive been looking around and think a GT30 - 35 would be suitable but not looking for more then 550hp from the it.

Lol never had so many replies to a wanted thread.

OK i have stock ecu because im not running more then 450hp and have 440 injectors fitted from the mkiv, i have an uprated smic and watermeth injection plumbed in just after it.

The car ran great at 1.45 bar with turbo technics hybrids on and was close to 450 anyway.

So if i dont push anymore boost then i should be ok with my setup.

Unfortunatly 2jz dont fit as the bolting battern isnt the same, also i think the oil feed plug is the same as 2JZ but have no idea of size.

my total budget is around £2000 at the moment but im in no rush to do it so can get bits along the way and hopefully get more fo the fund.

That turbo has a wastegate fitted to it so no need for the other WG and you will have to block off the WG port on the manifold if you go that way.

Thanks Jay the turbo was just 1 i found and stuck in my watch list.

I was wondering if that type of turbo was anygood for my car, there are loads of turbo's around but im totally unsure what i need as in exhaust housing size.

GT3076 would be better id have thought, that or maybe one of the small Billet PT turbos.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Precision_55mm_CEA_Billet_Turbo_5557/3688

Also might be worth looking at the borg warner S200 series.

And Holset HX35

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compressor-Racing-RS35-Holset-HX35-turbo-600bhp-SPECIAL-OFFER-400-/260978219968?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc3839bc0

That'll be fine, maybe a little on the large side but it should still spool well.

As JP said, the turbos internal waste gate will simplify things, the only extra I'd want would be bracing on the manifold and down pipe, especially for the kind of driving you do :D

Different stud pattern, Craig.

At least, there are 12 manifold to head studs on the TT and 10 on the VVTi - I don't know if the VVTi manifold matches 10 of the TT studs (but I suspect not). :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.