The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lsd

racestyle

If the vin plate says you have one then you should have one. Torsens turn like open diffs when span by hand (i.e in opposing directions) so don't take that as a indication you haven't got one fitted. Mine NA is the same A01B and you can tell that has a LSD. Spin your wheels up on some loose and if you leave some elevens you have a LSD. :)

Lyndon.

i had mine on a ramp and could hold one wheel while the engine was on and in gear , ill double check and go play in some dirt to find out just because it sounds like fun :) cheers

A Torque Sensing diff reacts like an open diff in that circumstance. The wheel that is spinning must be under some kind of load, or torque, in order for the power to be transmitted to the wheel with grip. The power that is transmitted is a multiple (x4, I think) of the torque felt on the spinning wheel, if there is zero load then 4 times zero is still zero.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.