The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hosepipe ban question-L200

Paul

I've got a Mitsubishi L200 as my other 'car' and just reading the hosepipe ban info they say the following;

Ban applies with the exception of a goods vehicle, as defined in section 192 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Now, my L200 is taxed a Light Goods Vehicle and is capable of carrying 1000kgs (definition of a Goods vehicle?) so does this mean i can stick my fingers up to the neighbours and still use a hose to wash it?

Just go to a car wash if you're in doubt?

Yeah right, never used one in my life, scratch the motor to buggery. Won't use the hand washes either, don't see why they can continue anyway when they have no environmental control on waste and are using pressure washers...........oh, and employ illegals.

I was wondering, could i use a jetwash that is feed from a bucket?

I think there's a thread on PH about this and apparently you can as the source is its own vessel. IIRC some guy filled a gallon tank and ran his pressure washer from it. I am thinking of using the green bin :p

I think there's a thread on PH about this and apparently you can as the source is its own vessel. IIRC some guy filled a gallon tank and ran his pressure washer from it. I am thinking of using the green bin :p

Id just put a bucket under the tap, tap is right next to where i wash my car.

They say you can't use a 'storage tank' supplied from the mains but can run a hose (pressure washer) from a 'hand held' container filled from the mains. I'm thinking of a 25l container with a handle, not sure how long it will last with my pressure washer between fills though?

Better option would be that my truck is excluded.

edit: Can't run a storage tank

I've got a Mitsubishi L200 as my other 'car' and just reading the hosepipe ban info they say the following;

Ban applies with the exception of a goods vehicle, as defined in section 192 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Now, my L200 is taxed a Light Goods Vehicle and is capable of carrying 1000kgs (definition of a Goods vehicle?) so does this mean i can stick my fingers up to the neighbours and still use a hose to wash it?

I'd say so, yes.

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/corp/hs.xsl/15420.htm

If your vehicle or its trailer is a “goods vehicle” (i.e. constructed or adapted for use for the carriage of goods) then it is not affected by the ban, but we ask that all our customers use water sparingly.

So be sparingly!! :D

Yeah right, never used one in my life, scratch the motor to buggery. Won't use the hand washes either, don't see why they can continue anyway when they have no environmental control on waste and are using pressure washers...........oh, and employ illegals.

I did mean like a Morrisons buy time jet wash.