The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sad times - Show Winning Auto TT Back up For Sale :(

Peter P

Hi Guys,

It pains me to do this, but unfortunately I really don't have any choice! :(

As some will know my family bus (Nissan Navara) let go in a big way a couple of weekends ago. It basically let one of the pistons go out throught the side of the block, with oil and bits of metal everywhere! I was on the M11 at the time, heading over to pick up my son (luckily I was alone at the time as it was quite a frightening experience!). The result is a replacement engine is required at a cost of £2K. :(

Had this been the only problem I would probably be able to soldier through (who needs food! Lol), but I have also just been hit with an alleged 2 year back payment demand from the Child Support Agency for another few thousand!! :taped::rolleyes: I have always paid what they calculated, but they asked for payslips back in September 2010 which I provided, but took 2yrs to calculate something you can do online in 10mins!! The result being I now owe my ex a lot of money I just don't have. :(

Sorry to go on, but I think it's important for potential buyers to know why I am selling. It is by no means a reflection on the car, which really is a lovely example of the marque.

Here is the original sale thread: http://www.mkiv.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?260645-Toyota-Supra-Show-winning-TT-for-Sale

Don't see much point doing a new one given nothing has really changed in the time I have owned it!

Asking price for the car without the extras I have bought recently is £6,500ovno

I also have the following parts that will be offered to the new owner in the first instance:

Used TRD Strut Brace (very good condition - no marks) £180

H&R Hubcentric spacers (pair for the rear) £90

Whifbitz Billet Radiator Brackets £45 (brand new - not even received from the group buy as yet)

AEM AFR Gauge and ancillaries £140 (brand new in the box - never fitted etc)

HKS Custom Blue LED backlit boost gauge 60MM Mechanical plus vac hose etc needed to fit £90 (the LED complements the Heckler blue LED conversion - gauge is still in an airvent casing so will be an easy fit)

If the new owner doesn't want to buy all/any of the above items, I will post a separate parts thread in due course.

Sad times indeed, but there really isn't much I can do about it. :(

Thanks for looking guys and any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Peter

has the engine bay also been sprayed?

Hi. No bay is still in the original silver. Doesn't look too bad though to be honest. Had I been able to keep it, I would have got it done I think. Good news for new owner is the colour is a stock Toyota shade, so getting more of it will be pretty straightforward.

That is a lovely looking car Peter, sorry to hear your troubles.

cant belive your run of bad luck there mate - im sure that'll go sharpish its a lovely car :)

Cheers Guys :thumbs:

Guess this things happen for a reason (will let you know if I ever work it out! Lol) :rolleyes:

It is a very nice looking example with the blended body and fresh colour. Fingers crossed it goes to someone who will appreciate it.

Price dropped. :(

Come on guys, this has to be worth more interest than I've had so far?!

Got it out today for a run and a clean, really looks nice in the sun! :)

Auto box is ultra smooth & the tubbys pull beautifully, best one I've owned for sure.

Cheers.

Peter

No longer for sale! ;)

I'm going to keep it and sell my truck instead. :)

Should have enough cash after paying for the recon engine and CSA fighting fund to do some bits on the car to make it mint.

Thanks for everyone's interest and kind words though.

Cheers.

Pete :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.