The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jessicas single supra "Titan"!

Jessica

In all reality how many revs do you have to get to before a tubby that monstrous finds its legs?? Also what sort of clutch and hence left leg do you need to coax the proven agricultural 6 speeder through-- what?? 3 gear changes for a 9 second run??

Now its been proven that someone in Jessies life knows how to get power on the floor as her stock tubby motor proves so why is another 500bhp required to get down to 9.something?

Would a smaller faster spooling tubby not get into the 9's with an excellent drag suspension setup the likes of your current motor?

Is a thousand horse power more a bragging right than a true requirement?

I suppose with another gorgeous white supra at home you don't actually really need to go get the shopping in the beasty one so living daily with a getaway in Stockholm version is not that big an issue :p

To be honest with you and call me an asshole if you like I would now be looking intently at what valves, springs, and inlet manifold/throttle body you are going to put on now if you are balking at the cost of a set of studs! That is of course after you fit the fuelling solution required for a thousand horses.

I'm afraid on this one you'll just have to call me Thomas

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Supramannen
In all reality how many revs do you have to get to before a tubby that monstrous finds its legs?? Also what sort of clutch and hence left leg do you need to coax the proven agricultural 6 speeder through-- what?? 3 gear changes for a 9 second run??

Now its been proven that someone in Jessies life knows how to get power on the floor as her stock tubby motor proves so why is another 500bhp required to get down to 9.something?

Would a smaller faster spooling tubby not get into the 9's with an excellent drag suspension setup the likes of your current motor?

I suppose with another gorgeous white supra at home you don't actually really neUed to go get the shopping in the beasty one so living daily with a getaway in Stockholm version is not that big an issue :p

To be honest with you and call me an asshole if you like I would now be looking intently at what valves, springs, and inlet manifold/throttle body you are going to put on now if you are balking at the cost of a set of studs! That is of course after you fit the fuelling solution required for a thousand horses.

One more Time then.. The turbo is not as big as it looks it's not a gt55.. It will support around 900-1000 hp

It's a GTX billet ball bearing turbo so spool isn't that bad full boost around 4500-5000 rpm

Max rev limit 8500 rpm

Clutch is rps carbon carbon and not heavy at all

Stock intake and throttle for now

Fuel system is in the building but it will run on E85 and 1680cc injectors

The head "lifting"/ head bolts effect , it would be interesting to find the main cause ;

1 bolts exceeding their rating or elastic limit

2 thermal expansion of the head

3 gasket lacking in expansion due material or constuction

also it would be nice to know if its power and time duration dependent or cycle dependent - ie how you use the car , and when it happens ie max torque or max rpm

sorry to interrupt your thread..

The head "lifting"/ head bolts effect , it would be interesting to find the main cause ;

1 bolts exceeding their rating or elastic limit

2 thermal expansion of the head

3 gasket lacking in expansion due material or constuction

also it would be nice to know if its power and time duration dependent or cycle dependent - ie how you use the car , and when it happens ie max torque or max rpm

sorry to interrupt your thread..

Prob easier to just fit studs that dont let it happen !!!!

I suppose with another gorgeous white supra at home you don't actually really need to go get the shopping in the beasty one so living daily with a getaway in Stockholm version is not that big an issue :p

I dont think its a case of its a cheap budget dude BUT every build has to have some sort of budget, the studs used to be $1500 they are now so close to the stock studs its a no brainer but I dont think this was realised, at the power they are thinking of on E85 valves and inlet prob dont matter, plenty of 1000hp cars in the US on stock intakes and I believe JP is still on stock size valves !!!!!

..... or you will end up going the way of KDW.

Like that one.. :more:

I know, thats why i love here so much..:)

I´m both nice and lovable ;)

Love U

:inlove:

Hmm.. Some in-shop lovin' going on here?

I am going to use the car on the dragstrip but also in a god condition so it fits on exhibitions...there are not many who can do that so thats my goal.

I am the front figure of Turtle Wax Sweden this year and they will help me to have the car in a great "finish". :)

Bodykit, front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper, wing, hood and so on...

And about 1000hp! :)

A color that no one else have on their supra here in Sweden...

Nice rims...

:)

Sweet! Are you planning for some trackdays in the season? We have some more or less weak trackdays here in DK, so I'm planning for Knutstorp and Ljungbyhed looks good as well.

I have a hard time finding "inside" knowledge of the good and not to crowded trackdays on southern Sweden, so if you know or hear anything, PM or post up please :) I know the GTR club had something good last year, but couldn't find any online info. You might have been hanging with that crowd?

I´m not a fan of carbon fiber at all...so I think I´m going without it.

Totally agree.. Carbon should only go where it has functional meaning and not for bling value.

I dont think its a case of its a cheap budget dude BUT every build has to have some sort of budget, the studs used to be $1500 they are now so close to the stock studs its a no brainer but I dont think this was realised, at the power they are thinking of on E85 valves and inlet prob dont matter, plenty of 1000hp cars in the US on stock intakes and I believe JP is still on stock size valves !!!!!

WORD!!

In my eyes I dont think I have a cheap budget.

But of course, I would want to be a millionare ;)

The turbo kit, the hks manifold and hks wastegate was expensive, the fuelsystem, the carbon carbon clutch, the paint and so on.

I have saved the Money for this project a long time and use god stuff, but hey, there is always better and more expensive parts out there.

This setup will do great i hope for my first goal, to run a 9.

If the setup is wrong, we will change it. :)

Im not just building a fast engine, Im building a whole car.

Painting, exterior with bodykit, interior, fast engine, nice rims and so on.

Im trying... :)

plenty of 1000hp cars in the US on stock intakes and I believe JP is still on stock size valves !!!!!

Ah but are the American cars actually 1000bhp? Its a throw away figure that is used alot but 1000bhp is alot, its a hell of alot of power. Its not amateur money power that's for sure. The revs you gotta run to extract that power from a turbo that big means you really need to know 100% that your engine will hold together at the top and at the bottom otherwise you stand to make one run and 9 seconds and go bang which is not the intended use for this car I believe. Its OK for the tuners of this world to run cars like that because its what they do and they have the backing to replace whole engines overnight (how many engines did you go through John?).

Anyhows my question was really how comes you don't go for a smaller turbo that you know can still get you into the 9's with a well setup car because like I said previously you've proven you can set a car up to do good times on less power than most?

Guest Supramannen
Ah but are the American cars actually 1000bhp? Its a throw away figure that is used alot but 1000bhp is alot, its a hell of alot of power. Its not amateur money power that's for sure. The revs you gotta run to extract that power from a turbo that big means you really need to know 100% that your engine will hold together at the top and at the bottom otherwise you stand to make one run and 9 seconds and go bang which is not the intended use for this car I believe. Its OK for the tuners of this world to run cars like that because its what they do and they have the backing to replace whole engines overnight (how many engines did you go through John?).

Anyhows my question was really how comes you don't go for a smaller turbo that you know can still get you into the 9's with a well setup car because like I said previously you've proven you can set a car up to do good times on less power than most?

The turbo is not so big..

It almost like a 6768 billet or a sx400 67 billet.. just a fraction bigger

I did have it laying here and the price, she bought a Billet GTX, twin Entry, dual ballbearing turbo for was something that made the choise easy... The goal are 9 but maye lower in the future..

But you are right we could have made it in to the 9 with a smaller turbo, i did run 10,4 10 years ago with a 65mm turbo, no fancy billet stuff so with a billet 62mm we proberly should made the 9s

The build looks really nice, what I dont understand is why you are not making the investement in the parts now to take the extra power and beyond the 8s as is obviously the plan. Whats the point in ripping the block apart again in the future to replace more parts?

Jessica, you need to come and run that in England so we can have a proper look!

P.S.

I happen to live very close to Santa Pod, have a spare bed that the Mrs can sleep in and am handsome, rich and hung.

(DISCLAIMER. Not all of the above may be completely true, but there's only one way to find out!)

Guest Supramannen
The build looks really nice, what I dont understand is why you are not making the investement in the parts now to take the extra power and beyond the 8s as is obviously the plan. Whats the point in ripping the block apart again in the future to replace more parts?

As the builder i dont think we need L19 head studs, not in this engien so stop talking about that now.. In the next one when we have the need for carrilo, ferrera, billet main caps, 3,4 crank and etc

The L19 Will be there

Errrr Brian he is a tuner !!!! My 10's were on a stock motor with stock rods and no internals at all, it lasted like that a year so for 9's this one is fine, it must be a little turbo in a big body, we have one here the same it looks like a T6 but is in reality only a 71.

I have full confidence in supramannen that he knows what parts we need for this project and my first goal. :)

I could certainly build the Car in thousand different ways...I hope this One is the right for now but thank you all for the suggestions and help.

I have just now retrieved a package....

My brand New 4" intercooler :D