The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air rifle & kit

j_jza80

The bsa sound moderator is pretty useless, it was only put on by bsa to make the rifle the right length to be a legal length iirc. I would try and get a weirauch silencer thrown in. The spare 10 shot magazines are also £30ish so I'd try and get one of those as a spare too. The air reservoir is fairly small, You get around 40 useful shots from a fill, which is fine depending on what you use it for. I go ratting a fair bit and if you were to shoot 40 rats in an evening I would be surprised :) There is a good following on the Bsa forum and as with supras there is some clever experts that blueprint them and fit larger reservoirs etc for a fairly small fee.

That seems to correspond with what I've read. The silencer is a Logun one though, so if I buy it I'll see what it's like before forking or a weirauch one. The small capacity cylinder isn't too much of an issue for me tbh

I had a play with the rifle at my local gun shop and it feels extremely well balanced. I once had the pleasure of shooting an SA80 and the weight distribution of the gun feels very similar (though the SA80 was obviously far heavier to my then 16 year old arms :) )

Much of what you want eg spring or PCP also comes down to what you want it for.

You mention field shooting, is this field target or small game/vermin? I have had a few rifles over the years and have only ever kept 2 for going into the field with - both spring underlevers, super reliable, full power ~11.5ftlbs and very accurate.

They are the Weihrauch 97k and Webley Eclipse carbine. Both are great for carrying around fields although the 97k is a touch on the heavy side.

If however you are looking for field target or similar then PCP is the way to go.

Personally I have used a lot of rifles and as much as I see the merits in PCP and love to shoot them, when it comes to getting out in the field I just dont think you can beat the soul of a good springer!

Just my opinion ;)

Out of interest and off topic, where do you guys shoot? I fancy going out for a bit of vermin shooting but can't find anywhere to do it. How do you go about getting permission to shoot (assuming you don't own the land) from the land owner, and how often do you do it?

The only thing I could think of would be to ask a friendly farmer to shoot on their land.

Shooting in my garden gets boring after a while as there's no skill involved really.

If anyone can give any info, that would be great. PMs are fine :)

Out of interest and off topic, where do you guys shoot? I fancy going out for a bit of vermin shooting but can't find anywhere to do it. How do you go about getting permission to shoot (assuming you don't own the land) from the land owner, and how often do you do it?

The only thing I could think of would be to ask a friendly farmer to shoot on their land.

Shooting in my garden gets boring after a while as there's no skill involved really.

If anyone can give any info, that would be great. PMs are fine :)

Try asking friends if they know anyone as that's usually easiest.

Much of what you want eg spring or PCP also comes down to what you want it for.

You mention field shooting, is this field target or small game/vermin? I have had a few rifles over the years and have only ever kept 2 for going into the field with - both spring underlevers, super reliable, full power ~11.5ftlbs and very accurate.

They are the Weihrauch 97k and Webley Eclipse carbine. Both are great for carrying around fields although the 97k is a touch on the heavy side.

If however you are looking for field target or similar then PCP is the way to go.

Personally I have used a lot of rifles and as much as I see the merits in PCP and love to shoot them, when it comes to getting out in the field I just dont think you can beat the soul of a good springer!

Just my opinion ;)

Thats kind of what I was getting at. The amount of times I've taken a small mobile target with me and shot all my air supply out to be presented with a perfect rabbit shot only to be out of gas, you don't get that with a springer lol.

Try asking friends if they know anyone as that's usually easiest.

permissions are hard to come by josh , there are some good application letters over on the airgun BBS , plus i think you have to have public liability insurance. cant find anything here atm , asked a few farms but they have shooters in there

Cheers guys. Unfortunately, none of my mates would know of anywhere.

I will have a look on the air rifle forums, and if any of you guys fancy a Supra meet and shoot, let me know :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.