The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 BPU J-spec TT **GONE,GONE,GONE**

pezzler

Car is now sold and on its way to Germany; A top guy called Stefan from Klapdor-Racing came to collect it this morning. The money has been spent already, I had intended to buy something more practical, but instead I just bought an Aprilia RSV.....D'oh! Will be a while until I step into another Supra, but still think i'll pop along to Supra-pod on the new hog

I've been contemplating selling the Supra for a while now, and finally decided to take the plunge and see what happens when advertised. I absolutely love this car and will genuinely be gutted to see it go, but with another kiddy in the pipeline (thats what I call her womb) i'm finding it hard to justify. On the other side, it has kind of taken over my life since buying it and I think i'm looking forward to not having it on my mind all of the time.... but we'll see

The car

• 1993 J-spec Automatic RZ
  • Approximately 91000 miles on the clock
  • Finished in MSB (the best colour for a Supra)
  • Stock cloth/vinyl seats
  • Stock grey headlining and carpet

Modifications

• Blitz Nur Spec-r S/S exhaust with inner sleeve
  • Double decat pipes
  • 1.2b Restrictor ring
  • AEM trueboost EBC
  • AEM AFR gauge
  • IK24 Platinum plugs
  • Apexi induction kit
  • HKS fuel cut defender
  • Thor racing TSD/Speedo converter
  • Despoilered bootlid
  • Rear wiper professionally removed
  • Active spoiler and Facelift front bumper retrofitted
  • Refurbished headlights with inserts painted black - fitted with Envy HID's
  • Facelift rear lights
  • Metal monkey speedo dials
  • Dashlights (heater unit/slip button/spoiler button/clock/ODO) converted to red LED's
  • Pioneer head unit with 6-disc changer (lights up white and red to match dash lighting)
  • MOMO steering wheel with release boss
  • Dash panels sprayed in silver metallic flip paint
  • RAYS Eng 18" 5-spoke 2-piece split rims. 235 fronts, 285 rears. Very nice looking wheels on a Supra - they are spaced with 10mm kics bolt on hubcentric spacers on the back and dont rub the arches
  • Whifbitz larger core SMIC

I may have missed a few odds and ends

The majority of the above parts have been fitted in the last 2 years, and I have all of the reciepts for everything I have ever bought for the car; between £8-£9,000 in the last 4 years. The car was resprayed in its original colour in May of last year, it was a decent job costing around £2.5k; as a result of this, the car looks pretty good, the MSB looks quite impressive in the summer sunshine. I have fitted the AEM gizmo's on the heater bezels on the dash, which looks like an OEM fit. The tyre have decent tread on the, in fairness the nearside rear will be due replacement by the end of the summer, I have just fitted a set of Pirelli P-zero rosso's on front. The car had been lowered, I dont know by how much but quite substantially on the front

Maintenance history (there's more if you want to see it, this is just a taster)

I carry out regular engine oil/filter changes using Silkolene Pro-S (Reciepts available)

I have done 2 x partial gearbox oil changes using Toyota type V (I think its type-V anyway), 1 x partial diff oil change using Motul Dextron

I had the cambelt replaced 2 years ago (little miles covered since), I had the crank dampner replaced last year

I have replaced a damaged coilpack last year

I had the front and rear subframe bolts torqued up last month

I replaced both rear shocks last year

The coilpack clips, and a lot of the engine loom connectors have been replaced

The car has been pretty good to me, always been reliable. The only issue I did have was a couple of years ago when it was running like a bag of sh*t, I couldn't get to the bottom of the problem so I had it trailered upto Thor. I think it was Roger at Thor who managed to sort the problem with 1/2 an hour; a wire had come free from the ECU connector. Other than that one occassion it has been reliable

The car's MOT is due at the end of the month (March), but i'll be putting it through at the end of this week so it will have a fresh 12 months. The tax is due at the end of July.

Problems

I probably should avoid writing some of these......

The wheels arent in bad condition, but they would benefit from a refurb (mrs+multistorey=fecked wheels)

As mentioned, N/S rear tyre will need replacing in a few months

It has a Ripspeed horn button..... sorry

It has the flashing slip control light on the dash - not caused by the speedo convertor as the guys at Thor checked it out. Possibly caused by incorrect positioning of throttle body sensor?

The speedo is reading higher by 8-10mph, think this will be as simple as adjusting the potentiometer on the converter PCB

The engine bay could use a wipedown

The drivers seat was wound all the way back by a helpful mate, and is now stuck - i'll probably sort this in the next couple of weeks but thought i'd say

I know its a bit of an essay but I wanted to put down as much useful info as possible. As I have already said, I love this car its the only car I have ever really wanted, I think the price is reasonable and ask that only people who are genuinely interested in buying the car contact me. If you have any questions about the car that have not been answered by the post, please contact me via PM and I will give you an honest answer

Price: £5500............and I will not take a penny less

Pics to follow

Thanks for reading

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148567[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148568[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148569[/ATTACH]

Good luck with the sale. I don't mean to change the subject is that how much a TT BPU auto is worth now days? I haven't really been checking the market lately.

I think so mate, sad times...

I could ask for more, but i'm not sure it'll sell. I'm in no rush to sell, but I dont have forever

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.