The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seems nice......

IamLukeMachin

Even £6,995 is stupidy overpriced for a N/A, if someone does buy that car they need their head testing.

Yup. Although that was just the asking price. You'd think it may have perhaps sold for more like £6k, which, although still a bit on the dear side, is probably only about £1k over what I think a gunmetal, facelift, aerotop car would be worth from a dealer.

I was going to buy this car originally!! Well I spoke to PB about it and agreed a swap deal on the z4 I had at the time, while expensive facelift aero's are VERY rare and so do command a premium, that car used to belong to a member on here aswell and before it was crashed was a very attractive car, shame it's been abused

Yeah fair comment - but i wouldnt pay £5000-£6000 for a aerotop n/a even though a aerotops are as rare as anything. Normal n/a's only go for £3000 in tidy condition.

Don't be fooled buy prices, although you have been able to pick up NA's for 3k for a while now, they are not always as they seem and normally need a few ££ spent on them. I paid top wack for mine over two years ago and paid 5k for it, and it has never let me down. Where as my mate bought one for half the price and in the first year nearly spent 2k on getting it up to scratch. Cheap doesn't mean cheaper to own, they are old cars after all.

Although the car in question did seem a little over priced.

Even £6,995 is stupidy overpriced for a N/A, if someone does buy that car they need their head testing.

Someone did, now they're trying to sell it.

Hang on though, the nearside headlight hasn't been changed by the looks of it.

Paul Brown:

http://www.paulbrowncars.co.uk/admin/uploaded_photos/45_27_big

Gumtree:

http://is03.thegumtree.com/image/extrabig/113757827.jpg

Still the same unit, so can't have been that bad a front end smash. Why were both side wings changed? Unless it's just a REALLY bad attempt at blending the wings into the new bumper.

IMO all that's happened is the new owner fitted a kit, sideskirts and a front bumper etc. The place that they took it to get it sprayed either had the wrong paint code (there are a few facelift greys IIRC) or they can't mix worth a damn. Bad blending would be visible but not that degree, that's a different colour.

IMO all that's happened is the new owner fitted a kit, sideskirts and a front bumper etc. The place that they took it to get it sprayed either had the wrong paint code (there are a few facelift greys IIRC) or they can't mix worth a damn. Bad blending would be visible but not that degree, that's a different colour.

Good point, when I had my Bomex front fitted, it was ever so slightly a different shade of red to the car. Suppose paints fade over time, especially red! :(

Good point, when I had my Bomex front fitted, it was ever so slightly a different shade of red to the car. Suppose paints fade over time, especially red! :(

Good point on the red side my passenger door looks a slightly different shade when you look at it head on in the light but if you stand on a tighter angle it looks and blends in from front to back.

If that's true, then our (or is it just me now?) speculation will teach tasteless people to ruin a nice car with fibreglass tat.

What happened to the UK brakes? And the lies about the original purchase price are dishonest enough for starters.

Anyway, what are you actually saying regarding the wings? You're saying it's not "bad blending", so why do you think they might have repainted the wings?

Someone did, now they're trying to sell it.

Hang on though, the nearside headlight hasn't been changed by the looks of it.

Paul Brown:

http://www.paulbrowncars.co.uk/admin/uploaded_photos/45_27_big

Gumtree:

http://is03.thegumtree.com/image/extrabig/113757827.jpg

Still the same unit, so can't have been that bad a front end smash. Why were both side wings changed? Unless it's just a REALLY bad attempt at blending the wings into the new bumper.

Good spot on the headlight, but now that I think about it; what makes you say it's the same unit? They all start to peel/wear in the same place, and the current light looks like it could be worse than the PB pic.

There's only one facelift grey - gunmetal, and then there's quicksilver which looks similar to gunmetal from some angles. They're both hard to get right though...

If that's true, then our (or is it just me now?) speculation will teach tasteless people to ruin a nice car with fibreglass tat.

What happened to the UK brakes? And the lies about the original purchase price are dishonest enough for starters.

Anyway, what are you actually saying regarding the wings? You're saying it's not "bad blending", so why do you think they might have repainted the wings?

I don't read minds I'm afraid, IMO just means "in my opinion". But then I am one of those tasteless people so my opinion varies greatly from yours.

I don't read minds I'm afraid, IMO just means "in my opinion". But then I am one of those tasteless people so my opinion varies greatly from yours.

LOL sorry ;)

It just sounded like you thought it was all normal/made sense, but you didn't seem to have considered the wings being a different colour.

Regarding the brakes, I suppose he might own another Supra and have decided to pinch the good bits, or maybe PB did, before selling it for an even more reduced price :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.