The mkiv Supra Owners Club

THOR Racing built Supra V8 Aerotop

Japlover

Sorry, only just read it needs a new clutch.

now i've got your attention, what sortoff clutch could be put on it. I've got ideas about RyanG's TT setup on this car as back in November i was considering buying his v8 conversion for my current supra but I've got a syvecs now anyway sooooo this idea is now stewing in my head.

I spoke to Thor and they advised it was a Celica clutch, single plate. The clutch itself is fine, just on the highish biting side. The thrust bearing makes a noise but I'd bet my right arm it would get you to Scotland no worries. I just mentioned that as if you do get just a thrust bearing to replace, might aswell do the plate also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, apologies I haven't been on in a while..... the car is still for sale and will be sorn as the tax has now expired.

The supra itself is close to 100kmiles and the engine about 20k less although Pete at THOR advised there was an issue with the speedo adding a mile every second for a bit which notched up about 3k miles. Not sure if that was rectified or not.

I will advise now that there is a mapping issue with the car, over 3k revs when changing gear it waits until the revs dip down to 3k then kicks in. There's no other hesitation or weirdness, so pretty sure a tweak on a RR at THOR or similar to reset the fault code would sort it. Because of this I'm pricing the car at £6300 unless otherwise stated.

p.s: if you're under 25 please bear in mind the insurance won't be cheap!!!!

PM me for any further questions :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.