The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eurggh just got my Insurance renewel! (new price added)

Supra N_A

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh do not want to sound like a king but I live in a nice area.. 4 bathrooms in our property YO :p;) LOL!

anyways have no idea at all I just phoned them up and I said just got my renewal it was abit high in price and is there anything they could do for me.. got back to me on that price so.. same information given.. same miles yearly etc

tbh like said, they seem to want to make you haggle on insurance when phoning them on renewal time, I think they just say that renewal price on paper to be cheeky mabys..

damn so CCI need to be over 25??????

:(

tbh happy with sky always been sweet![/QUOTE]

You werent saying that in your first post :rolleyes:

It's worth mentioning a lot of insurance policies attempt to automatically renew a policy after the first year. I insured my old car through Admiral for a year. When it ran out I sold the car and moved house around the same time and thought nothing more of it. A year later I got a debt collector after me saying I owed them £95 becuase there's a box you need to tick when signing the insurance policy to say you DON'T want them to automatically renew it (I never noticed this box). Apparently Admiral had sent a renewal quote followed by the new insurance documents to my old house (which I never received) but then failed to direct debit the premium from my bank and so eventually passed the 'adminstration costs' incurred to a debt collector.

I never paid more than £550 full comp for my supra, from the age of 23 onwards, it was less than £380 a year whilst tt, and £550 when singled, with all mods declared. Was using admiral whilst it was a twin turbo and a-plan when singled, Can't believe some of the prices you guys pay:blink:

I'm paying £12 a month full comp on my ickle 106xsi :) Think i'm in a good postcode area though so that makes a huge difference.

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

tbh do not want to sound like a king but I live in a nice area.. 4 bathrooms in our property YO :p;) LOL!

anyways have no idea at all I just phoned them up and I said just got my renewal it was abit high in price and is there anything they could do for me.. got back to me on that price so.. same information given.. same miles yearly etc

tbh like said, they seem to want to make you haggle on insurance when phoning them on renewal time, I think they just say that renewal price on paper to be cheeky mabys..

tbh happy with sky always been sweet![/QUOTE]

You werent saying that in your first post :rolleyes:

well off course I was not happy at first with the price at 2k! simples!!

now I am as they have lowered it a huge amount hence why I say they have always been sweet.. have not no idea how it has changed to that new price...

tbh happy with sky always been sweet!

You're kidding right! IMO overcharging someone by £600 is appalling.

well off course I was not happy at first with the price at 2k! simples!!

now I am as they have lowered it a huge amount hence why I say they have always been sweet.. have not no idea how it has changed to that new price...

I hope you at least had a go at them for trying it on and magically being able to take £600 off. I'd probably find a new insurer for their cheek!

I hope you at least had a go at them for trying it on and magically being able to take £600 off. I'd probably find a new insurer for their cheek!

will ask them why the huge cut tbh ... unfortunately they are not many insurance companies that will touch me as I am classed as a young driver for a 3 litre twin turbo motor etc etc etc

will ask them why the huge cut tbh ... unfortunately they are not many insurance companies that will touch me as I am classed as a young driver for a 3 litre twin turbo motor etc etc etc

There are plenty of insurance companies that will happily insure you. This thread is littered full of suggestions, as is the other 10000 threads on insurance. I'm not really sure of your mentality when you start a thread, you generally ask for advice then jump off at a wild tangent not paying a blind bit of attention to the advice given. It's like you're an exciteable puppy :D

You're quote above almost implies that we don't know anything about insurance, insurance companies or where to get insurance when at a certain age. It's very strange reading your "help" threads.

I can understand you predicament, and it sounds like Sky does too. Fingers crossed you can find a competive quote else where.

There are plenty of insurance companies that will happily insure you. This thread is littered full of suggestions, as is the other 10000 threads on insurance. I'm not really sure of your mentality when you start a thread, you generally ask for advice then jump off at a wild tangent not paying a blind bit of attention to the advice given. It's like you're an exciteable puppy :D

You're quote above almost implies that we don't know anything about insurance, insurance companies or where to get insurance when at a certain age. It's very strange reading your "help" threads.

listen up grandad..:p I have phoned about 50+ insurance companies and they all say it is due to my age and the car it is, only saying to you what other companies have told me so yea there is not many for young aged drivers! I am paying attention to everything been said and great advice it is, you seem to have nothing good to say on this thread except trying to start a bandwagon argument so do not say anything at all. Pm me if you wish

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

A thumbs up from me for Competition Car Insurance.

28, 3 Years NCD, License held 8 years

5k miles a year - £666 or £705 over 12months

CCI seem to be churning out some pretty good quotes at the mo.

they seem to be really good but will not insure under 25s :(:(:(

listen up grandad.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Nothing worse than an angry Scotsman :D

In regard to young drivers struggling to get insurance on the Supe that is poop, IMO you either have a bad postcode(doesn't mean a bad area) or points on your license. I haven't paid as much as you are paying since I was 19.

listen up grandad.. I have phoned about 50+ insurance companies and they all say it is due to my age and the car it is, only saying to you what other companies have told me so yea there is not many for young aged drivers! I am paying attention to everything been said and great advice it is, you seem to have nothing good to say on this thread except trying to start a bandwagon argument so do not say anything at all. Pm me if you wish

Why have you phoned 50+ insurance companies? Does that not seem rather mental given the advice and available information from this very forum? There are guys on this forum a lot younger than you who can get insurance absolutely no bother at all, so I don't understand why you are having difficulty following the advice given.

There are literally 100s of insurance threads just like this one with all the information already readily available to you. If you took a methodical approach to anything I'm sure you would get on a lot better.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Nothing worse than an angry Scotsman :D

In regard to young drivers struggling to get insurance on the Supe that is poop, IMO you either have a bad postcode(doesn't mean a bad area) or points on your license. I haven't paid as much as you are paying since I was 19.

Lack of valium availability will be the problem. I imagine his methods of insurance getting being akin to Odie trying to get some attention.

Why have you phoned 50+ insurance companies? Does that not seem rather mental given the advice and available information from this very forum? There are guys on this forum a lot younger than you who can get insurance absolutely no bother at all, so I don't understand why you are having difficulty following the advice given.

There are literally 100s of insurance threads just like this one with all the information already readily available to you. If you took a methodical approach to anything I'm sure you would get on a lot better.

ok ok, 50 slight over exaggeration, it was a rant thread tbh at first about the renewal.

yes they may be people younger but like said could be area lived in etc

well anyway will have a little search ok.. cya good night