The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY tidy facelift TT 6speed sadly for sale!

Si_s Supe

Well, with a VERY heavy heart, I am offering my Supra for sale. :( I’ve wanted one of these since I can remember and in May last year, the opportunity arose! However, now the girlfriend and I are trying our best to get onto the property ladder (the first rung on which seems increasingly high!) I’m going to have to sacrifice my pride and joy! I’d really hoped I could get away without having to sell up, but it just doesn’t seem possible!

So, the car. As per the title, it’s a 1996 Facelift - Jspec Twin Turbo - 6 speed manual which was imported in 1997 with less than 5000kms. The odo, which still runs in kms and has NEVER been converted, now reads 120800kms (75061 miles) which will increase slightly as I’m still enjoying my toy when I can. The bodywork is finished in 199 silver and is totally original. THIS CAR HAS NEVER SEEN A BODYSHOP! It’s near mint with amazing reflections since I’ve fully detailed it and then kept it looking it’s best with subsequent coats of wax. On the inside there is full black leather interior which has also been well cared for having been treated and conditioned with Gliptone. Of course there is also the facelift black carpets and headlining. The car was virtually stock when I bought it and I have made a few small choice modifications but nothing at all major.

There is a full Toyota service history from the 1st owner (1997-2009), 2nd owner (05/2009-05/2011) was Scooter on this forum who looked after the car himself and I've subsequently taken care of it since. There are very few Jspecs out there with any history at all let alone one like this. Tax runs until the end of March and the MOT expires 11/11/2012.

====================================================================================================================================================

Tuning

Stock engine run at stock boost levels all it's life

Blitz Sonic Power air filter (Airbox available)

3" Motoria cat back exhaust

255 ltr/hr Walbro fuel pump

====================================================================================================================================================

Suspension/wheels

Yellow Bilstien shocks - like new

Eibach Pro Lowering springs - like new

Genuine and original 18" BBS CH staggered fit wheels (8.5J with 245/40 front & 9.5J with 275/40 rear) - some small marking but look LOVELY and all tyres in good condition

Freshly refurbished and rebuilt UK spec brakes all round with Chris Wilson fast road pads

Body

Stock and original with black front lip and plastics all present and correct

4300k HID dipped beams (stock bulbs and holders available)

CREE LED sidelights and rear number plate lights

Interior

Immaculate throughout!

Black leathers front and rear

Black carpets

Black head lining

Supra Pure Sport floor mats (in good condition but not A1)

Defi boost gauge in place of clock (clock available)

Road Angel for an MPH readout

Windows tinted

History

Toyota:

4481km's 6/5/97

11396km's 5/11/97

17472km's 24/6/98

23418km's 22/2/99

29490km's 20/10/99

33618km's 27/4/00

41269km's 20/4/01

49861km's 27/6/02

55439km's 31/5/03

66106km's 22/10/04 Oil & filter, air filter, Fuel filter, Gear oil (diff?) + Mot.

71960km's 19/10/05 Oil & Filter + Mot

76279km's 14/12/06 £205.38 Oil filter

79529km's 18/10/07 £935.22 Rear Pads, Cambelt, Oil & Filter, Brake & clutch fluid, Gear box oil, carry out MOT

82676km's 5/9/08 £342.37 Plugs oil & filter wiper blades

Scott's (Scooter's) maintenance:

86000kms 30/5/09 Oil change - pre opie oil synthetic delivery a run of the mill Mobil S change when I first got it back home.

87794kms 29/7/09 Fresh V160 & Silkolene Pro + new stock air filter element.

*****kms August 09 tightened subframe bolts

*****kms Sept/Oct 09 Passenger side engine mount replaced

96700kms 03/03/2010 Silkolene Pro & oil filter change.

107120kms 23/10/2010 Silkolene Pro & oil filter change.

110400kms 05/03/2011 Spark plugs + x2 cam cover breather hoses (coil pack clips all fine and no sign of crumbling all unclipped and clipped back in fine)

111750kms Walbro fuel pump fitted

112900kms 02/05/2011 all wipers renewed.

Me:

No service items have been required in my ownership, though an oil & filter change is due which I will try and get done before I part with this awesome car.

All other work listed above has been carried out by me with the exception of the fuel pump and Bilstien shocks.

Points to note

Some marking in the rear number plate recess where someone has had too large a plate fitted in the past

A scuff on lower part of the front bumper, just above the lip

Very small bubble on the OSR arch (been there since I've had the car and not got any worse)

I am very fussy with the appearance of my car and these points have never bothered me. I really don't feel they detract from the look of the car and certainly don't warrant being painted for the first time since leaving the factory!

To recap then, here is IMHO, one of the best examples of a Supra in one of the most desirable formats. It drives exactly as it should and turns so many heads. I will be genuinely gutted to see it drive away from me but needs must! :( Take a look here for an overview of what I've done during my ownership. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?252204-My-facelift-TT6-%28Updates!%29

I'll get some exterior photos up ASAP. I didn't mean to post this yet, just draft it but clicked submit instead of preview so I'm not fully prepared on the photos! :blink:

Asking price is £10,000. Anything I've missed or any questions, don't hesitate to ask. 07824632799 or [email protected] or just PM!

I should've asked more ay! :( It was only advertised here so I guess he must be a member. I am actually genuinely gutted and am pretty sure I'll be fighting back the tears when it goes, but I will definitely be back to the fold in 18months or so. Just as soon as I've got a house sorted and am back on my feet. I'm pretty sure I won't find another like this though.

Shame it's got to go but at least you've been there, done that and worn the supra T-shirt.

Best of luck with the property purchase :)

Cheers mate. Hopefully ending up with a nice pad, with a nice garage to keep another nice Supra in will be the end game! ;) I'll keep an eye on here for when you sell the RSP! Might coincide with me being in the position for another again! Talking of the RSP...how's it coming along? I've still not spotted any photos!?

Thanks has to be one of the quickest sales thread .

Are you Charn??

Cheers mate. Hopefully ending up with a nice pad, with a nice garage to keep another nice Supra in will be the end game! ;) I'll keep an eye on here for when you sell the RSP! Might coincide with me being in the position for another again! Talking of the RSP...how's it coming along? I've still not spotted any photos!?

somewhere you've got the wrong end of the stick, an RSP TT6 is still but a dream! I doubt you'll want the current Gunmetal NA aerotop steed when it's inevitably up for sale :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.