The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pistonheads Spamming for sale sections

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

PH does nothing about it but gets on my nerves, a fell out with other HW traders beacuse of this..

Paul knows i dont like it but pistonheads say do the same i did try it before for a laugh but it looks bad and its not correct..

Sadly for him though your cars always seem better priced/more options available to choose from and more respected as a seller :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cars in the main are bought from ebay/privately with few imported like Jurgen does. So IMO the stock isn't that bad it's just representative of what's out there in general and it's simply tidied up and readvertised at top trader money, but I can't knock them for that, it's the way of any car dealer.

It must be a little annoying to see your ads slipping down the ranking but TBH if you are looking for a supra then, looking at everything available across Pistonheads, ebay, Autotrader and gumtree takes little over half and hour so from my point of view it makes little difference when looking for the fresh/newly listed ones.

Listing a car more than once makes you look like a scammer tbh. I have a friend who works for ph but he is just an it guy :p

Surely he's a good one to get it shifted then.

I have always wondered if PB were linked to BT etc. I found it strange that a seller/importer came along and suddenly had a massive stock. They had been trying to "get in" here for ages and they just needed to set up details in one of their names to make it look legitimate.

Could be wrong but there is smoke, where's the fire?

H.

When i bought my Supra i was interested in one that Paul Brown had, on his homepage it was listed and i gave him a call and the car was sold months ago. Still it was for sale on both pistonhead and his on webby. There where several cars that was sold But still advertised.

Like previous poster. I would think twice.

If i today was to buy a car i would contact jurgen have never heard anything bad about him. His cars always look topnotch.

I was considering the black auto PB has looks fairly tidy, but after seeing the mess of the supra section on PH I wont bother. I just cant be bothered to sift through all the hundreds of cars to find a decent one on there.

Would rather see like Jurgen a select amount of quality cars then hundreds of overpriced average cars.

Plus it looks crap.

Just looked at his listings and it looks shit, it just screams spam. I wouldn't bother with any company who needlessly spam adverts out of principal. The stock should speak for itself, multiple ads doesn't make you look like you have a massive selection of cars, it just makes you look like a dodgy bastard.

There is a report button at the top of each ad, can we not just report all the duplicate ads as spam?

Would be good to see Paul put his side of the story on here. Maybe it was genuinely a mistake, perhaps?

Adverts are repeated 3 or 4 times, some cars advertised twice but with photos in different locations. There are at least a dozen cars (not just Supras) advertised like this, harldy an 'oops, double post' moment.

To his credit, the yellow Evo that has been sold has been marked as sold on all SIX copies of the ad.

It would be nice to see PH being more pro-active in stopping spam sales although, not knowing the workings of websites, it's probably just not possible to do easily.

How random !? I went on PH for the first time yesterday in about a year, and the first thing i noticed when i clicked on Supra's was this Paul Brown guy spamming the crap out of the for sale ads. It immediately put me off buying anything off him and i actually closed PH because i cba to trall through all of his ads.