The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get into more car photography, going to practice on mine.

What sort of kit did these guys have? Off camera flashes etc? Did anyone take a picture of there kit?

Yeah he was fully loaded! bit of a perfectionist, like SteveM and myself with the OCD, so that was nice to have 3 in one room.lol. The flashes were like the ones used in Men in black!! i remember shit!lol

• 2 weeks later...
I want to get into more car photography, going to practice on mine.

What sort of kit did these guys have? Off camera flashes etc? Did anyone take a picture of there kit?

I think to get into car photography professionally mate is pretty difficult, as for kit, make sure you have the best lenses you can get, I know with Canon the majority of there L lens are the place you need to be, even if the body your using is a bit older, my choice at the moment would be a 5d mkii with a 24-105, also something with a bit of a wider angel 17-50 or something like that, a 50mm and a 70-200mm is always useful to have, as for flashes off camera ones are good, but tbh in my opinion its better to use the natural light, then add flashes in very small and specific areas to hopefully make it look not to fake

I went out with a car photographer ( Si Gray ) and he said you need reasonable equipment but its mainly the composition as you can edit the rest later.

As for flashes, i can only say what he used on a night shot but he had one off camera in the car and then on a long exposure walked round the car with another off camera flash setting it off to light up the full car

I think to get into car photography professionally mate is pretty difficult, as for kit, make sure you have the best lenses you can get, I know with Canon the majority of there L lens are the place you need to be, even if the body your using is a bit older, my choice at the moment would be a 5d mkii with a 24-105, also something with a bit of a wider angel 17-50 or something like that, a 50mm and a 70-200mm is always useful to have, as for flashes off camera ones are good, but tbh in my opinion its better to use the natural light, then add flashes in very small and specific areas to hopefully make it look not to fake

I am doing wedding photography at the moment on the weekends only, its a side thing I have been doing for a year and its picking up so I recently invested in a 5D MKiii with 24-105mm L kit lens, I have a 430 EXII flash gun. My next buy is a flash trigger and the more powerful 600EX flash gun. I should be out there practicing but I'm just spending my weekends on my car lol

I am doing wedding photography at the moment on the weekends only, its a side thing I have been doing for a year and its picking up so I recently invested in a 5D MKiii with 24-105mm L kit lens, I have a 430 EXII flash gun. My next buy is a flash trigger and the more powerful 600EX flash gun. I should be out there practicing but I'm just spending my weekends on my car lol

Nice kit dude! Would love a mkiii I do love my 24-105mm lens :D and nice, seems like you have your kit pretty much sorted, maybe the best thing you can do is practice on your and maybe some other members cars doing photoshoots and I know what you mean, shall be spending every waking minute on the car when I get a supra again :D

Nice kit dude! Would love a mkiii I do love my 24-105mm lens :D and nice, seems like you have your kit pretty much sorted, maybe the best thing you can do is practice on your and maybe some other members cars doing photoshoots and I know what you mean, shall be spending every waking minute on the car when I get a supra again :D

That's the plan, , my car is my "model" and I need to get her right. I know some hot models too that owe me a favour, so watch this space...well not this build thread, i'll stop hi jacking it now!! Sorry OP lol

That's the plan, , my car is my "model" and I need to get her right. I know some hot models too that owe me a favour, so watch this space...well not this build thread, i'll stop hi jacking it now!! Sorry OP lol

Yeah, get your own thread! :D Good luck with the photography, It certainly is an art.

Stunning car! :)

Thank you. :)

The car got treated to an oil and filter change today as believe it or not the car has covered approx 3000 miles since being built, Dragonball helped that along. :)

I'm heading to Japfest 2 this weekend and It looks like the weather is going to be great. Luckily the car doesn't need much cleaning other than the fly massacre on the bumper, It's been in the garage since the Banzai shoot. Still might give it a sneaky once over with the Poorboys black hole and wax! :innocent:

Just so good! I look forward to seeing your car some day Steve :thumbs:

Thanks James. Hopefully we'll get to a central meet together at some point, wouldn't mind a peek at your new car when it arrives. :)

Damn show girls and their grubby little fingers! Should have gotten them to sit on it mate!:innocent:

:D

Lol, that would of caused a little more than grubby finger marks! :innocent: :D

Looking good Steve :thumbs:

My cousin was there and he kept texting about a Supra that he couldn't stop looking at, when he started describing it sounded like yours but wasn't sure you were there, this answers the question :D

Thanks Adam, your cousin has good taste. :D

Looks good mate, that's my bedtime reading sorted :)

Mine landed on my mat this morning, so, uh, same!

Seeing as my scanner's playing the game again, hope this is stealing no one's thunder...:

attachment.php?attachmentid=172480&d=1373994837

attachment.php?attachmentid=172481&d=1373994837

Looks awesome! :drool: :cool:

EDIT:

Remainder of the pics removed by request. :)

SteveM_1.jpg

SteveM_2.jpg

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)