The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

Thanks. :) Yeah I get a lot of comments about the number plate. Because It's a fairly stock looking car people just seem to assume it has stock power... don't judge a book by it's cover lol.

The twins are pretty much maxed out at the power it's running now but that's fine by me as I was aiming for 700bhp when building the car. These cars just aren't enjoyable to drive at much more than 750bhp on the road in my opinion, you start loosing general drivability and traction, you end up finding the 750bhp set up is faster than 1000+bhp due to traction on our roads.

+1

Your car is mental :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you may already know I have a Banzai magazine photo shoot tomorrow with Rob Mitchell, hosted at SRD. I've been mega busy lately and only got the car out the garage at the weekend since Dragonball... It was a bloody mess! lol.

So It's been a mad rush the last couple of days getting the car back to my OCD clean standards ready for tomorrow, all I can say is polished wheels are a PITA!! Knowing my luck it will rain tomorrow and it will all of been a waist of time.

Bet it wont look like this by the time I get to SRD tomorrow!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=171327&d=1371592036

attachment.php?attachmentid=171326&d=1371592036

attachment.php?attachmentid=171325&d=1371592036

Steve's Phone_20130618_005.jpg

Steve's Phone_20130618_008.jpg

Steve's Phone_20130618_009.jpg

As some of you may already know I have a Banzai magazine photo shoot tomorrow with Rob Mitchell, hosted at SRD. I've been mega busy lately and only got the car out the garage at the weekend since Dragonball... It was a bloody mess! lol.

So It's been a mad rush the last couple of days getting the car back to my OCD clean standards ready for tomorrow, all I can say is polished wheels are a PITA!! Knowing my luck it will rain tomorrow and it will all of been a waist of time.

Bet it wont look like this by the time I get to SRD tomorrow!!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171327&d=1371592036

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171326&d=1371592036

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171325&d=1371592036

Favourite car in the club :)

Was the car in the rain at JAE steve? Can't remember if it was you there, but one of the shows I saw some pictures of recently, looked like the car had been rained on, and still the pictures came up amazingly well and the car looked sparklingly clean :D

Guest Budz86

Was the car in the rain at JAE steve? Can't remember if it was you there, but one of the shows I saw some pictures of recently, looked like the car had been rained on, and still the pictures came up amazingly well and the car looked sparklingly clean :D

Might have been DB, he took photos to remind himself it doesn't melt in the rain!

Looks awesome though fella, I do love the understated bodywork and the sheer insanity under the bonnet! Let us know when the mag feature will be :)

Might have been DB, he took photos to remind himself it doesn't melt in the rain!

Looks awesome though fella, I do love the understated bodywork and the sheer insanity under the bonnet! Let us know when the mag feature will be :)

Japfest http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?264733-The-Wangan-Supra/page52 and look at that the poor girl's covered in water droplets :D

Thanks guys. :)

The photo shoot went well although these things are a little long winded, glad I've done it now though. Huge thanks to Rob Mitchell for organising the shoot with Banzai, the cars looked great together. I'm glad I spent the time cleaning mine now as you could eat your dinner off Robs engine bay!! :D

Massive thanks to Lee Perryman for organising the location as we spent while trying to find somewhere suitable. The feature will be in next months magazine so you'll have to wait until then to see some pics unfortunately but you wont be disappointed as the ones I took on my phone are great so I can only imagine what the photographer got.

Japfest http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?264733-The-Wangan-Supra/page52 and look at that the poor girl's covered in water droplets :D

Cheers mate, yeah that was Japfest. You can't be that bothered about having the car in the rain in this country otherwise it would never come out the garage! The only issue with mine in the rain is the wheels, they don't like it. :)

Car looked stunning today Steve. Really is one of the best.

Thanks Rob, they both looked great together. Have you recovered yet, you looked like you were gonna pass out half way through lol.

Cheers mate, yeah that was Japfest. You can't be that bothered about having the car in the rain in this country otherwise it would never come out the garage! The only issue with mine in the rain is the wheels, they don't like it. :)

Every time that you say these horrid things I get more and more worried with my wheel finish decision. :D

Looking forward to seeing the magazine shoot pictures :)

nice one mate - photoshoots can be prettty hard work towards the end of a 4-5 hr shoot, but all worth it once its in print! :)

Yeah will be worth it, wouldn't want to do to many though. :)

Every time that you say these horrid things I get more and more worried with my wheel finish decision. :D

Looking forward to seeing the magazine shoot pictures :)

I did warn you. :D

My pleaure mate, will definately be my last one and its nice to have the single and twin features done. Just fingers crossed on front cover, might be just yours but were see.

I was shattered mate, i had to just get home and eat something.

Don't blame you mate it was a long day. Me and Lee raided Burger King on the way home. :)