The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. I know I'm mad spending so long but I have a serious OCD issue when cleaning, I just get carried away. :D

Rear wheels now done, That was hard work!

attachment.php?attachmentid=165872&d=1363296942

I was about to put the wheels back on and thought that the wheel arches could do with a quick clean... I got carried away again!

Front wheel arches done, rears tomorrow.

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=165873&d=1363296942

attachment.php?attachmentid=165874&d=1363296942

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=165875&d=1363296942

attachment.php?attachmentid=165876&d=1363296942

attachment.php?attachmentid=165877&d=1363296954

Wheel clean 12.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 1.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 2.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 5.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 6.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 7.jpg

Everything about this car is perfect! :)

That workshop/garage doesnt look bad either! :D

Now going home for a steak steve? Lol

Thanks Chris. Got home and had chicken so it's not looking good so far. :D

Love them wheels :drool:

Whats all the piping in the last picture, coolers?

What piping are you talking about?

Is that your garage, it's freaking awesome. I'd kill to becable to work in something like that.

It's my business unit John, only problem with having the car there is when I'm supposed to be working I cant help but mess about with the car. :)

I can't see properly cause I'm on my phone but it looks like 4 rubber pipes just above the axle stand.

No, I think it's just the suspension arm your looking at maybe.

i feel your pain with polished wheels. they just need so much care its a right pain. i feel bad not cleaning them after going for a drive...which isnt the way it should be

I know It's a bloody pain. I keep thinking about getting them powder coated but that would mean making a decision on what colour to do them and I'm crap with making decisions like that. :)

No, definitely looks like a suspension arm and braided brake line lol.......

Haha nah, you can see the wg piping hiding in the background near the sump. I presume that's what Kaan is referring to! If he's not and is indeed referring to the brake line visible in the foreground, and has no idea what it does, then he really shouldn't be allowed to do any more work on his own car lol!

Either that or Kaan's eyes are lying to him and he's looking nothing! :p

Stevo, what did you use to clean the arches? Looks like goood stuff whatever it was!

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Thanks mate. Used Meguires metal polish, various machine polishing tools and finished off with poor boys wheel sealant.

The front wheels were the worst, they took about four hours each.

Might I suggest using Brasso wadding instead?

I had similar issues with my BBS LMs, but a quick weekly rub around kept them looking in top condition.

No, definitely looks like a suspension arm and braided brake line lol.......

Haha nah, you can see the wg piping hiding in the background near the sump. I presume that's what Kaan is referring to! If he's not and is indeed referring to the brake line visible in the foreground, and has no idea what it does, then he really shouldn't be allowed to do any more work on his own car lol!

Either that or Kaan's eyes are lying to him and he's looking nothing! :p

Stevo, what did you use to clean the arches? Looks like goood stuff whatever it was!

Yeah your right lee I can see now I'm on the computer comparing to the 4th picture it is the suspension arm. That does look like rubber pipes on thepicture tho, anyway let's not ruin he's thread with my silliness I just thought I would share that I cant see bugger all from my phone lol.

cracking work on those wheels - fancy doing my double 6's? :sly:

Thanks mate. Lol, I'll have to turn you down on that one, doing these dam near killed me. :D

They were pretty good to start with, I just washed them down and used some back to black on certain areas.

Might I suggest using Brasso wadding instead?

I had similar issues with my BBS LMs, but a quick weekly rub around kept them looking in top condition.

Good suggestion - I use the very same on the frets of my guitars :)

Cheers, I'll check that out. :)

Nice work on the rims Steve. looks mint

Thanks mate, need to try and knock you off the top spot at the show and shine comps. :D