The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

Not sure I'm gonna be parting with this bonnet I'm afraid mate, It's unique and I like things like that. :)

He was a nutter. He wasn't taking anything less and I was getting fed up with trying to find a mint set, Their not easy to come by in this condition.

Damn straight, he said he hasn't managed to find another set since, regrets selling them actually lol!

Fair enough, looks like i'm making myself a hump for my own bonnet then. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Budz86

Have to agree with Jamie and Abz here mate, but I've never liked red! Robs not on to a bad idea either, but carbon is the new black! :cool:

Thanks for your input guys, I do like the carbon one but fancy trying something different. I wont sell it just in case. Not sure polished would go very well as the cam covers are chromed, might be a bit to much.

I'll wait until they arrive, fit them and ask kindly for some more photoshop options. :)

Ill mirror polish them for you if you want. I would see what they look like before paint/powdercoat. Polished FTW!

Oh, you can pick your Daw-luck bonnet up :)

Thanks for the offer mate, what's the charge?

I do keep contemplating one of your bonnets but I'm not sure I want to part with mine as it unique. :)

Started to give the wheels a spring clean yesterday. The U.k weather really Isn't kind to polished wheels, they need constant attention to keep them at their best.

I keep contemplating getting them powder coated as I do get fed up with trying to keep on top of them, but they look so good as they are.

Both fronts done, just got the rears to do. A few before and after pics for you.

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=165825&d=1363127019

attachment.php?attachmentid=165827&d=1363127019

attachment.php?attachmentid=165826&d=1363127019

attachment.php?attachmentid=165828&d=1363127019

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=165829&d=1363127019

attachment.php?attachmentid=165830&d=1363127081

attachment.php?attachmentid=165831&d=1363127081

attachment.php?attachmentid=165832&d=1363127081

Wheel clean 4.jpg

Wheel clean 1.jpg

Wheel clean 2.jpg

Wheel clean 3.jpg

Wheel clean 5.jpg

Wheel clean 6.jpg

Wheel clean 7.jpg

Wheel clean 8.jpg

They've come up real nice mate, what did you use? Bet it took a while!

Thanks mate. Used Meguires metal polish, various machine polishing tools and finished off with poor boys wheel sealant.

The front wheels were the worst, they took about four hours each.