The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

Agreed :thumbs:

Cheers Dunk.

Rear wheel arches now done, decided to give the brakes a coat of paint to freshen them up. About as good as I could do for the Jspec brakes, their not that visible behind the wheels anyway. :)

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=166058&d=1363545245

attachment.php?attachmentid=166059&d=1363545245

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=166050&d=1363545124

attachment.php?attachmentid=166051&d=1363545124

attachment.php?attachmentid=166052&d=1363545124

Wheel arch cleaning 8.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 9.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 10.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 3.jpg

Wheel arch cleaning 4.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look great :)

I gave my LMs a good clean all over today which took only about an hour and a half. Need to polish the lips and seal them, but that's a job for next weekend :)

They look great :)

I gave my LMs a good clean all over today which took only about an hour and a half. Need to polish the lips and seal them, but that's a job for next weekend :)

Cheers Josh, Mine could of taken me alot less time but I just get carried away. :)

In my opinion this is the PERFECT SUPRA!!! Thumbs up!!! This is exactly how i would build mine!

Thanks Simon. :)

The next step of my OCD cleaning mission was the engine bay, Luckily this wasn't too dirty to start with.

- All shiny bits polished sealed.

- All bodywork polished and waxed.

- All hoses cleaned with back to black.

- Clutch reservoir heat shield painted black.

I didn't take any before pics as it really wasn't that dirty and no pics really do it any justice.

attachment.php?attachmentid=166319&d=1363989765

I've also fitted some new PIAA headlight bulbs and LED sidelight bulbs. I've never been a big fan of the aftermarket HID kits so decided to purchase some high quality bulbs.

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=166322&d=1363990670

After (I know the before pic is better but were looking at the headlights! :))

attachment.php?attachmentid=166320&d=1363989765

attachment.php?attachmentid=166321&d=1363989765

Engine bay clean.jpg

Headlights 1.jpg

Headlights 2.jpg

11.jpg

Your engine bay is a work of art :thumbs:

Good work on the bulbs too they look great, got a linky? As having those hid things rattling about is no good

Thanks mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HB3-PIAA-XTREME-WHITE-HEADLIGHT-BULB-TOYOTA-SUPRA-93-97-/310436627482?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item484777041a

These are the ones I got but I didn't buy them from Ebay, I got the from my local Motorbitz as I get a good discount.

I agree the wheels are a pain in the back side, let me know when you want me to come & pick them up!! :D

You can not beat a stock supra with a high end set of wheels, plus the engine bay is to die for!! :cool:

If someone needed a template of what a sexy supra should look like... This is it.

On the headlight front, I think you should go with a HID light, not the blueish ones but the proper white. I normally used to get the 6.5k sets which had a hint of blue but on my current supra I have 5.4k (I think), which are the whitest white you can get. They look very OEM but give a much better road visibility too. I have used PIAA bulbs before but find they just colour the tips of the bulb in a blue coating to give a whiter light. If you come to another BW meet I can show you them, which are fitted with a slim ballast unit.

Thanks guys.

Next on the cleaning list is the bodywork. I wanted to get some paint done before the summer but funds aren't allowing for that just yet so I'm thinking that if I can make the bodywork as shiny as possible then people wont notice the bits that need paint. :D

I agree the wheels are a pain in the back side, let me know when you want me to come & pick them up!! :D

You can not beat a stock supra with a high end set of wheels, plus the engine bay is to die for!! :cool:

If someone needed a template of what a sexy supra should look like... This is it.

On the headlight front, I think you should go with a HID light, not the blueish ones but the proper white. I normally used to get the 6.5k sets which had a hint of blue but on my current supra I have 5.4k (I think), which are the whitest white you can get. They look very OEM but give a much better road visibility too. I have used PIAA bulbs before but find they just colour the tips of the bulb in a blue coating to give a whiter light. If you come to another BW meet I can show you them, which are fitted with a slim ballast unit.

Cheers Abz. I removed the HID lights fitted to my car had when I got it, their just not for me. I'm yet to see a decent aftermarket HID kit that in my opinion, doesn't look a little out of place on the Supra and tend to blind oncoming traffic. I also find the build quality of most aftermarket HID kits pretty poor and they never seem to last long. If you read up on the PIAA bulbs, they are a little more than just the end painted blue. :) I've used them for years and in my opinion, they are the next best thing to running HID.

WOW! i best sort my act out and get my bay up to the next level or im in trouble :)

Stunning car!! owner aint to bad either :limp:

That next show and shine trophy is mine dam you. :gayfight:

Mmmm i want this car now.

Best get your wallet out then mate. :D

More cleaning!! Nearly there now.

Gave the rubbers and seals a good seeing to today. Started with a light rub with some glass/plastic polish to remove the grime and finished with some back to black.

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=166482&d=1364328041

attachment.php?attachmentid=166484&d=1364328041

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=166483&d=1364328041

attachment.php?attachmentid=166485&d=1364328041

I then made a start on the bodywork. Started with a swirl remover, then polish and finally waxed. All Meguiars products and all done by hand. :)

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=166486&d=1364328041

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=166487&d=1364328053

Hopefully I'll finish the bodywork tomorrow and then it's just the interior to finish.

Cleaning  2.jpg

Cleaning 4.jpg

Cleaning 1.jpg

Cleaning 3.jpg

Cleaning 5.jpg

Cleaning 6.jpg