The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nissan Navara in a brutal smash!

Style

Could have been In rwd, you have to switch the navara over to 4wd.

even more shocking that if you had the choice you didnt switch it on in them conditions, i thought it had good crumple zones the thing decintagrated so alot of energy transferred but there is no way you are walking out of that

even more shocking that if you had the choice you didnt switch it on in them conditions, i thought it had good crumple zones the thing decintagrated so alot of energy transferred but there is no way you are walking out of that

My old L200 wouldnt go above 20mph in 4wd mode, maybe the navara is the same.

I agree with the pick-up comment though, they are so light on the rear end that the supra handled better in snow.

Didn't the Navara get the worst ever Euro NCAP rating? One star which was later revoked or something like that.

I believe the D22 Navara got an appalling rating. The D40 fared a little better.

But one star or ten stars, at a combined closing speed probably approaching 100mph you do not survive being T-boned by a bull nose rig in anything less than a tank.

If you read the comment on youtube it was indeed a fatality, as above though a 40+ ton big rig doing probably in excess on 60MPH as it was coming down the hill was never going to end well. It may have been going even faster as it won't be speed limited and their weight restriction is higher than ours.