The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Range rover sport or Range rover

Paul R

i have owned my supercharged range rover for six years now and when the misses and i go to our second home in bulgaria it's perfect plenty of room and comfortable i have a ps2 and a flip down screen to keep you occupied for the long journey as far as fuel i hate to think how much money i have spent but on the plus side i did have a multi injection lpg kit fitted which has saved me loads, plus i still retained the original fuel tank i must admit though it is scary if you fill both tanks up at the same time your looking at about 180 pounds.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the new 2.4TDCi engined one though! :(

Having driven most types of deffender, 300, TD5 and the puma (2.4 TDci) the puma engines are far far better than any of the previous, especially towing and going off road on a 6 speed box. I now have a Discovery 3 - which is essentially a range river sport with a different shell, so watch out for the air compressor, they pack up!

Having driven most types of deffender, 300, TD5 and the puma (2.4 TDci) the puma engines are far far better than any of the previous, especially towing and going off road on a 6 speed box. I now have a Discovery 3 - which is essentially a range river sport with a different shell, so watch out for the air compressor, they pack up!

They drive better than the TD5, 300TDi etc, but the Transit engines in the new ones are not particularly reliable.

They drive better than the TD5, 300TDi etc, but the Transit engines in the new ones are not particularly reliable.

I'll give you that one, the last puma defender I drove a small wire broke which controlled the variable vane on the turbo! As soon as it was fixed all was good. Luckily I don't have to pay for fuel or repairs on them !

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, all 4 of them. You got something against range rovers? Its the best car I've ever owned I think, fantastic in fact.

Only since they turned into what they are nowadays. No doubt they are a great car, but the stigma with them is not attractive.