The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I am a bit disappointed

CJ

I will need to square it off but cant see it being a problem, CJ would need to be present and take the donations etc to make sure everything goes to the charity it should, we will supply scantily clad women to 'encourage' donations from the tighter members of the car fraternity !!!!

I will give you a shout early next week and we can discuss things then. I will try and get Macmillan along to film it and to get the press involved too.

Nice one Dude xxx

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give you a shout early next week and we can discuss things then. I will try and get Macmillan along to film it and to get the press involved too.

Nice one Dude xxx

Organised properly there is no reason that well over £1K can't be raised, BUT it needs putting about to get plenty of cars there.

Organised properly there is no reason that well over £1K can't be raised, BUT it needs putting about to get plenty of cars there.

I am on IMOC, MR2OC, TwoBrutal and hope to get Pistonheads approval soon. I will be on there giving it large for this event and will do anything else it takes (short of man sex) to make the event a success.

Hi CJ. Hopefully you have received a donation from mark knibbs via justgiving, could you confirm this as the site was playing up a bit and I couldn`t add a message. This has been a fitting end to my weekend, as I helped to raise £550 for the British heart foundation yesterday with my other half

It hasnt come though on the list yet my friend but I will keep an eye out? Please PM me with the amount so I can can check it hasnt gone down as an anonymous one.

I am on IMOC, MR2OC, TwoBrutal and hope to get Pistonheads approval soon. I will be on there giving it large for this event and will do anything else it takes (short of man sex) to make the event a success.

Im thinking an auction for you and Paul tolap the Ind est in mankinis would be worthwhile.

:blink: I'm speachless! I can't believe that you actually started this thread. Its very rude to force people and demand from them to donate because you think that most of them owe it because they have been a witness or even a victim of this very difficult life threatning illness?! That does not give you or anyone any rights to send anyone on guilt trip! Like you wrote as little as £1 per will make a difference so you technically cover a 1000 of us.

:blink: I'm speachless! I can't believe that you actually started this thread. Its very rude to force people and demand from them to donate because you think that most of them owe it because they have been a witness or even a victim of this very difficult life threatning illness?! That does not give you or anyone any rights to send anyone on guilt trip! Like you wrote as little as £1 per will make a difference so you technically cover a 1000 of us.

I am not going to argue this with you on the forum. If you fell so strongly them PM me. But, let me just point out I am neither forcing nor demanding. I made an observation at the lack of numbers who donated against the number of members.

Can we do £10 a dyno for example but you have to guess your bhp and pay more for however far you are out???

I think the idea is to give to charity the dyno run etc is an aside and a bit of a bonus.....................hence the scantily clad girls..............your average hairy chested car buff finds it very hard to put in only the 'minimum reccomended' donation.

I think the idea is to give to charity the dyno run etc is an aside and a bit of a bonus.....................hence the scantily clad girls..............your average hairy chested car buff finds it very hard to put in only the 'minimum reccomended' donation.

I don't get what is so hard about paying a set price to dyno your car (Paying first) while chucking a few quid or some spare change ect in a bucket when people come round with them??? 1) It is a charity event 2) Where else would you get to dyno your car for a nominal fee.

It seams a bit sad if people try and duck out of paying...... Maybe next time santa pods on I should try and cut through that farmhouse and the field to avoid paying the entrance fee like every other idiot.

I have no idea how much it would cost to dyno a car normally but surely for a quick check and a laugh at my NA it has got to be worth whatever is deemed reasonable.