The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I am a bit disappointed

CJ

As you will probably be aware I have been organising the Kill A Veilside and Help Macmillan Cancer Care charity event as shown here.

Now, whilst it has been a great result so far with pledges, payments made via justgiving and the gift aid donations from the government allowing us to get over £1000.00 the response from the members and traders here has IMO, been disappointing.

There are about 1900 active members and right now 117 of those are online and yet we have had donations from just 36 members of this forum. It would havew been great to see just a little more support as I am pretty sure there are more than 36 of us out there who have been affected by Cancer in one way or another.

If you could see your way to even offering £1 anonymously via the justgiving page then it would help. Come on folks - it really is for a great cause. ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

col i lost my brother in law last year and im doing my bit down here to support ty olwyn where he spent his last days , we plan on doing an event to raise money in a few weeks

Well done on supporting Ty Olwyn - a very good cause again.

Cancer has affected nearly everyone i'm doing a skydive this year in memory of my dad to raise money in the summer for cancer. Donation done cj.

There wasnt much interest on here around November time also CJ dont take it to heart mate.

Thank you for the support my friend.

It's always been the same Col, for as long as I've been here anyway. Surprisingly, for the most part, it's actually the people with low/modest incomes, with less to spare, that generally give on here.

I may be out of order for highlighting it but obviously, as someone who has cancer, it is something that is really close to my heart (and other parts of my body :D) and all I am hoping id that people can just give £1 - if lots did that it would make a difference.

i have to wait untill payday

do you have a link on facebook or a link i can have bud ill post this on my facebook page

here you go: https://www.facebook.com/BadBodykitBonfire

The justgiving link is in my sig. If you want to visit the forum page and leave a pledge until you are ready to pay then that would be great. Just post up and I will add the pledge to the list. ;)

I may be out of order for highlighting it but obviously, as someone who has cancer, it is something that is really close to my heart (and other parts of my body :D) and all I am hoping id that people can just give £1 - if lots did that it would make a difference.

I honestly believe people don't want to be seen to be tight for giving low amounts bud. No matter how many times it is said people would rather give nothing than to give £1 as they would feel it reflects on them as a person, when in actual fact NOT giving is what actually reflects on them. Setting a limit on the donations often works wonders to getting people to give money (£1-£5), in work generally asking people does the same.

I honestly believe people don't want to be seen to be tight for giving low amounts bud. No matter how many times it is said people would rather give nothing than to give £1 as they would feel it reflects on them as a person, when in actual fact NOT giving is what actually reflects on them. Setting a limit on the donations often works wonders to getting people to give money (£1-£5), in work generally asking people does the same.

I agree my friend but on justgiving you can donate £1 anonymously and it will be put on our list as that. No shame in giving a little - plenty in not at all!

I lost my step brother last year to leukemia, Macmillan cancer care were great and such a worthy cause to donate to. I have to agree with what you said, I really expected to see donations from certain members who spend thousands on their Supra without thinking but yet nothing to this cause.

I will need to square it off but cant see it being a problem, CJ would need to be present and take the donations etc to make sure everything goes to the charity it should, we will supply scantily clad women to 'encourage' donations from the tighter members of the car fraternity !!!!