The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted: SORTED Supra I can use for RYB (vs show and shine)

BIG BLUE

Hi

I am thinking of getting back into Supra ownership again. I am after something that is sorted mechanically and clean, that I can take to our local air strip where they run monthly RYB over the summer, run some respectable times in and also take to the occasional summer event and most importantly look after and enjoy without it breaking down or fettling with overly. ie a quick and sorted car. Please no rubbish.

If you PM me, I would have a few questions:

When does the mot and tax expire?

Any known mechanical / electrical faults?

What signifigant cosmetic blemishes exist?

Last service done and what garage looks after the car / mapping?

What proven drag times / bhp does the car have?

I don't want to insult anyone over price, however I want the best car I can get for 7k cash (this assumes car has mot and tax and is sorted and running right already), which I will not exceed cash wise, to collect car 18th March when i am back in the country. i know this is not a lot of money, but we all know it is a buyers market and I am a genuine forum member not some messer. I also have a one mature lady owner from new 2001 Pug 106 quicksilver (very rare in this condition) with 50k on the clock (mot and tax to end sept) that i may be prepared to throw in the mix for the right car, to top up my offer re p/x if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Neil

Hi mate. my blue uk has been sorned since its been back from repaired after its crash before xmas and will be for sale soon.

But its only BPU and auto. and done 150k miles so might not be what your looking for. :p

I would be looking in the range of about 7.5k-8k realy.

Paintwork is perfect and has been mostly resprayed all over appart from boot, roof and rear bumper.

needs a trip to the garrage as its got a boost leak i think and a general checking over. but wont be sold till its had that fixed. no tax atm but i think its still in mot.

Has done plenty of rwyb days and a 1 mile event and a couple of trackdays.

My average times were 13.6 at 112 on stock 17s on average road tyres.

163mph over the mile. although i did manage a 12.7 1/4 at the mile event... which i think was a bit of a fluke. very high tailwind :p

NEVER broken down though always went through its mot without big issues. the odd bit needed replacing here and there over the years. Which isnt something i can say about my single lol.

Would like it to be sold from someone in the club. especialy to someone with your supra ownership history :p

Abz. I have had some very expensive experiences with Supras before only some of them good! I want to avoid trouble this time around. Have scanned classifieds and in process of replying to PMs.

Well as they say, you don't learn till you get burnt! This time round you will know what to avoid.

£7k should get you a nice tidy auto, which will be quicker for the drag strip ;)

Hi mate. I am sure I have seen you car run down the strip first hand. Please pm me any additional details / photos you have. I am going to start looking in earnest on my next day away from work. Thanks.

QUOTE=Guigsy;3329666]Hi mate. my blue uk has been sorned since its been back from repaired after its crash before xmas and will be for sale soon.

But its only BPU and auto. and done 150k miles so might not be what your looking for. :p

I would be looking in the range of about 7.5k-8k realy.

Paintwork is perfect and has been mostly resprayed all over appart from boot, roof and rear bumper.

needs a trip to the garrage as its got a boost leak i think and a general checking over. but wont be sold till its had that fixed. no tax atm but i think its still in mot.

Has done plenty of rwyb days and a 1 mile event and a couple of trackdays.

My average times were 13.6 at 112 on stock 17s on average road tyres.

163mph over the mile. although i did manage a 12.7 1/4 at the mile event... which i think was a bit of a fluke. very high tailwind :p

NEVER broken down though always went through its mot without big issues. the odd bit needed replacing here and there over the years. Which isnt something i can say about my single lol.

Would like it to be sold from someone in the club. especialy to someone with your supra ownership history :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.