The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rwd banned

Benjy

How do you guys even tell who is using what account as I have no idea about computers in that regard. Do you just cross reference how threads are worded or ip addresses?? I suppose I would be easy to spot if someone else was using my account as they would most likely be able to add some use to the forum.

Is that why your raking up posts? so you can sell your account to a certain devil who may be a little horny ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys even tell who is using what account as I have no idea about computers in that regard. Do you just cross reference how threads are worded or ip addresses?? I suppose I would be easy to spot if someone else was using my account as they would most likely be able to add some use to the forum.

Most people connect via static IPs, those that don't will be on a cycle which can be deciphered (even dynamic IPs repeat on the same subnet etc).

Is that why your raking up posts? so you can sell your account to a certain devil who may be a little horny ;)

Lol surely the going rate is £10 isn't it??? I just find it weird how people can be bothered to post lots here just to pass on accounts and sell stuff that will just cause themselves headaches. I am one up over them anyway as I seam to just buy over sell Barneys manifold and Kraigs mines ecu although I did sell a 1st decat to dannym and even msg him just to make sure he was happy so :p

In all honesty I wonder what Nizam would pay for this account.....

Just to clarify, Mobeen and Horny Devil are 2 different people. However, not to say that they never used each others accounts to post things. Both Horny Devil and Mobeen attended the initial South Coast Run I organised. Neither are Nizam lol, thats a whole new ball game.

Very Keyser Söze esc

Most people connect via static IPs, those that don't will be on a cycle which can be deciphered (even dynamic IPs repeat on the same subnet etc).

So would that basically mean that the mods would get a "red flag" sort of warning to investigate that person??? The reason why I ask is that I guess on the swearing front it just pops up that someone swore and to deal with them but all this duplicate account stuff always confused me when I read the Nizam ban thread as to how people spot it and cross reference whose accounts were doubles. Would it just lists that person A used this account with a certain ip address but person B strangely has the same address. Excuse my rubbish way of putting it but it is the only way I can sum it up myself.

Sorry if it is a double post

So would that basically mean that the mods would get a "red flag" sort of warning to investigate that person??? The reason why I ask is that I guess on the swearing front it just pops up that someone swore and to deal with them but all this duplicate account stuff always confused me when I read the Nizam ban thread as to how people spot it and cross reference whose accounts were doubles. Would it just lists that person A used this account with a certain ip address but person B strangely has the same address. Excuse my rubbish way of putting it but it is the only way I can sum it up myself.

All you need to know is Branners = God, he sees EVERYTHING, he even sees things before you have done them.

To be fair Nizam did stand out like a sore thumb ;)

Mike

With the swearing it's just if a mod notices it I think. I certainly haven't seen any notification features on sites I've moderated in the past. Might be a new-ish development though.

With regards to the IP address in the past that was more down to suspicion. You would notice patterns of behaviour etc. As for cross referencing the IPs you can normally see the IP address attached to each post (as a moderator that is). In this post it will show my IP address to the moderator, he could then check another username's postings to see if the IP matched my own. If it did then it's highly likely that I had 2 accounts. That's not cut and dry, obviously, as I could have let another member use my PC or vice versa, but if there is already a suspicion then it's probably correct.

All you need to know is Branners = God, he sees EVERYTHING, he even sees things before you have done them.

Not only that, but sometimes he even sees things before he sees them himself. To explain it fully, first one must understand Multi-verse theory.

To be fair Nizam did stand out like a sore thumb ;)

Mike

:D

A bit like Pike in Dad's Army.

This is why I pm him admitting that I have "cracked on off" as he will probably "know" anyway.

He never replied to those pm's though and looks at me "funny" at meets..!

H.