The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Honda S2000

JustGav

from my mate the S2000 driver :

Comparing a Supra to a s2000 is a bit stupid.. on the straights of course the supra will win.. but on the twistes and the track the s2000 is far quicker, especially on tight tracks

Where you will get caught off boost and stuff..

Just looked up the specs:

S2000 lateral G 0.90

Supra lateral G 0.98

So I think you'll find the Supra is the faster cornering car. As for getting "caught off boost", if you are driving a track you should never be off boost, because you would never drop below 4k revs.

Just looked up the specs:

S2000 lateral G 0.90

Supra lateral G 0.98

So I think you'll find the Supra is the faster cornering car. As for getting "caught off boost", if you are driving a track you should never be off boost, because you would never drop below 4k revs.

Completely agree......caught offboost...perhaps someone needs to learn how to drive.

Nevertheless. S2K is def fun on track, me personally, I spend 99% of my time driving on public roads, so even if the S2K was a better track car than the supra....who cares, its boring 99% of the time.

Well, after giving it a spanking tonight... I'm actually warming to it...

Keep it above 6k RPM wise and she is good fun, handling is okay in the dry, but I just can't help but feel the back end altho it is sticking great in the dry, that it will snap out and not be too forgiving and spin you across the road...

Impressed with the dry handling...

Gav

Borrowed one for two weeks off a mate.

Couldn't live with having to rev the nuts off it to make it feel like it was picking up speed at all! And the noise! Can understand people liking them on a testdrive, but to live with it day after day....no chance.

Not to mention that when you drive an S2000, you just blend in with the rest of the crowd in their RX8's, MX5's, Z3's/4's, Audi TT's etc. etc. :yawn:

We hardly got a look, unlike when you're driving a Supra. For a "posers' car", it really ain't much good for posing in!!!

:innocent:

I took an extended test drive in one before the Supra arrived.

I really wanted to like it, but it was too noisy, no torque worth speaking of and I thought it was a bit treacherous in the wet even at low speeds.

I read somewhere recently that the engine is basically an overblown fireblade lump but taking that to 2L seems a bit unfeasible to me - I thought the bike engines were pretty much wrung out.

I have one as a company car from time to time and they are fun just to get in and have a rip but......

yes the cabin is cramped as im 6ft 4inches

yes theres not much torque

yes there not a twin turbo supra

but

even at 6ft 4 it makes the drive more invoving

if you want to go fast you have to drive fast

it has got 100bhp less and half the torque so no comparason to the soop.

Big problem is its alittle pricy.

It will keep with my NA but kill me on the bends.

I would have one but only cause i get em free :D

I love them. You can`t compare them to a Supra as its a supercar. Cramped? Didn`t know if you noticed but its not a family car :tongue: . When you drive one of these you need to make sure it has at least over 5000 miles on the clock as they are a very tight engine up till then and even if you rag them it doesn`t feel like its going anywhere. You are better off test driving an older model with some miles under its belt as it will be a different beast. As for the twitchiness i think i`d describe it as direct. They really are good through the twisties. This may be all well and good but i may be biased as these are my parents cars below.

I'd have thought that the performance of the s2k would be very similar to a small engined turbo'd car. my mate used to drive an Audi 1.8t saloon and he raved about it being quick as feck if you kept it on the turbo but pathetic if caught off it. The Vtec motor when tuned to the level the s2k is will react pretty much the same as a turbo'd motor ie putting out all of its power in the upper rev range at the expense of the lower down ability.

I don't think the original intention of the startoff post was to compare the s2k to a supra but to its own reputation and percieved ability. I peceived these cars to be quick and very well handling until I watched one dissapear in my rear view mirror at silverstone whilst I chased an MRs (a car I had perceived as being fairly pants). Oh one thing to add here was that I was in an N/A supra. I'd have put the s2k above an MRs any day of the week. It was my first time on a track the MRs drivers first time on a track and the s2k's drivers 5th session of the day.