The mkiv Supra Owners Club

v8 engine

supraturbochris

To be honest, by the time you've added up all of the little bits you need, had parts machined, exhaust made up, gearbox conversion kit etc, your looking 3k anyway. Then a decent standalone to get a reasonable amount of power, another grand. Don't be tricked into thinking there is an easy and cheap route to take with the conversion. A stock v8 is only a second or so quicker than an NA, a tuned one on a standalone is probably stock TT performance.

With Ryan's kit you've got an instant drop in 500+hp, with an ecu, gearbox adapter set, flywheel etc etc. You couldn't put together a package like that for anywhere near that price.

To be honest, by the time you've added up all of the little bits you need, had parts machined, exhaust made up, gearbox conversion kit etc, your looking 3k anyway. Then a decent standalone to get a reasonable amount of power, another grand. Don't be tricked into thinking there is an easy and cheap route to take with the conversion. A stock v8 is only a second or so quicker than an NA, a tuned one on a standalone is probably stock TT performance.

With Ryan's kit you've got an instant drop in 500+hp, with an ecu, gearbox adapter set, flywheel etc etc. You couldn't put together a package like that for anywhere near that price.

I know it won't rival TT performance but seeing Raj's V8 at SupraPod got me thinking.

I already have a 6 speed in the car, in theory it should be just the engine to drop in.

I have found a lovely black aerotop supra matey. Might go for it. ;)

Sweeeeet! Go for it, you know you want to. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.