The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fairmile pub.FREE Eve' BBQ 26/8/05

Mr T

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm a few points about the BBQ event on the 26th Aug at the Fairmile pub. The gathering of cars starts from 7pm with the BBQ served from 8.30pm.(note! join the queue early to save waiting time.)

I have spoke to the pub today and reserved 30 tickets so far. They are suggesting that the tickets are collected before the day (ie by myself),and to save any congestion & delay at the entrance, I will be issuing the tickets after you have parked in the appropriate place as set-out by the pub. Hope this answer's a few of your question's!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. :thumbs:

Oh yeah.

I can just remember last year we were forced off the plot by the scooby crowd and ended up parking miles away and having 'normal' cars parking next to us!!!

I will make sure we have enough space to park all the cars together! :) and just a thought where did you get the idea the bbq started at 5pm? :shrug: (SEE previous post for MORE details)

Not the BBQ start time just best idea of when to turn up.

Last year I got there about 1pm, there were about 20 ZRs there and no-one else. By about 4 ish there were about 60 ZRs there and then the first TVR turned up. The rest of the cars started appearing over the next few hours. We had a space sharing with scoobies but because there were loads of them and about 3 of us by 7pm we were kicked into the 'public' parking area!!

I'm getting there at midday ish this time again, I know no-one else will be there that early but at least I won't get a Peugeot 306 parked next to me again!!

Just to confirm a few points about the BBQ event on the 26th Aug at the Fairmile pub. The gathering of cars starts from 7pm with the BBQ served from 8.30pm.(note! join the queue early to save waiting time.)

I have spoke to the pub today and reserved 30 tickets so far. They are suggesting that the tickets are collected before the day (ie by myself),and to save any congestion & delay at the entrance, I will be issuing the tickets and collecting the money after you have parked in the appropriate place as set-out by the pub. Hope this answer's a few of your question's!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. :thumbs:

Hi Andy. Just a thought, if each person requires to pay £4.00 and we have 30 tickets reserved. There are already 27 names in the calender list. I personally am expecting at least 3 people in my Soop. Not to mention the other Soop's that might have two in at least half. We could find the Fairmiles decision to charge £4.00 turning into a farce. I still think the best way is to pay as you enter. You get to the entrance, you know you have three people, you have £12.00 ready. Any thought are welcome. Regards Ben :respekt:

So, just to clarify matters.

Are the tickets are just for the barbecue?

So we can come and park up and then buy, collect, beg borrow or steal or tickets from there ;)

There will be two of us in my Supra. I'd imagine that this would be the case for most people with their names on the calendar.

As an aside, this does rather highlight a problem with the calendar, being that when you click on "I will be attending this event" it doesn't give you the chance to say +1,2,3 etc.

Anyway, it loks like we're going to have a good turnout, just keep your fingers crossed for a sunny evening :)