The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre fitters

Josh

i normally charge £10 per wheel , but thats taking wheels off car, removing tyre, fitting tyre, balanceing, refitting to car. if you braught me 4 bare wheels and 4 tyres id put them on and balanace them for £20 , if they didnt have to be fitted to the car too

That's the kind of pricing I was expecting. Maybe he thinks the wheels are on the car so he'd have to remove the old ones and refit them.

I'll call him tomorrow and tell him they're bare wheels and tyres and I just need the tyres fitting.

Cheers bud :thumbs:

got to be cheap down here bud , people dont care that i dont scratch wheels and do a proper job. if im not cheap they will just go to the butchers elswhere

Sign of the times down here fella huh? Where are you based in Cardiff? I will have to nip in one day after a Velindre visit :D

Did you get them fitted this afternoon or did you go to the pub instead?

Pub :D

Getting them done today. Strangely, I called them up to make sure they knew the wheels weren't on a car. I spoke to a different guy and even though he doesn't know who I am, he said " to fit the tyres and balance them, that'll be 40 quid".

So it looks like the other guy was charging too much but "lowering" the price for my granddad. Bad stuff.

The place does wheel refurbs so I'm sure they'll be ok. If not, they can refurb any marks for me... for free!

You bought them expensive wheels then put £120's worth of rubber on them :blink: What tyres did you get?

Pirelli Cinturato on the fronts and Michelin Pilot Sports on the back. I went for part worns as I've only lost 2mm of tread on my current tyres in over a year and I don't drive that hard that often, so these will be fine :)

Forget worrying about the money, worry if you can trust them or not to fit the tyres without damaging your wheels, WIM or Ibrar is the only people i trust with mine.
Spot on Jamie!

Think I got charged £60 for putting on new tyres & balance, I'd rather fork out a little extra then have a muppet argue with me that the fresh cut his put into the wheels was not him. The guys I use are local to me, and when I first went to them - I told him the wheels cost £3k! He was like, don't worry - The fitter is Latvian & his been doing this for 15 years, when we have Latvian customers they hit the roof if you mark scrubby hubcaps!

Watch him do the work as well, and his good.

Remember Josh, him knowing your Grandad isn't going to pay the bills ;)

It would. I had that before when I put the wheels on my Golf. The two back ones were the wrong way round so they said they had to remove the tyres and swap them over. I told them to swivel and I'd swap the wheels myself!

My tyres weren't on the wrong way round though. I swop them from left to right because I get a lot of ware on the inside of my tyres but the out side is like brand new so instead of buying a new set or rears I have them swoped other and really get most out of them:)

Spot on Jamie!

Think I got charged £60 for putting on new tyres & balance, I'd rather fork out a little extra then have a muppet argue with me that the fresh cut his put into the wheels was not him. The guys I use are local to me, and when I first went to them - I told him the wheels cost £3k! He was like, don't worry - The fitter is Latvian & his been doing this for 15 years, when we have Latvian customers they hit the roof if you mark scrubby hubcaps!

Watch him do the work as well, and his good.

Remember Josh, him knowing your Grandad isn't going to pay the bills ;)

It's a proper good and reputable garage that I've been to before and there's not a single mark on the wheels (other than finger marks from where they had to hold them), so I'd definitely go back. Not too impressed that the first guy tried to (seemingly) rip me off though!

Forget worrying about the money, worry if you can trust them or not to fit the tyres without damaging your wheels, WIM or Ibrar is the only people i trust with mine.

Unless you have a pair of grubby standard 16's like me! :) My wheels are more square than circular!