The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre fitters

Josh

I've got 4 wheels and 4 tyres that I need to "put together".

There's a garage down the road that I normally use for general stuff that I can't do. The owner is good friends with my Granddad and as I told him I needed the tyres fitted, he went and spoke to the owner today.

I just got a text from my Mum who said he'd fit the tyres for £50(!!) for all 4. I'm not sure if he thinks I want the wheels fitted too, but for a garage, that's only a 5 minute job anyway.

That sounds like a hell of a lot of money to me, and apparently they normally charge £15 a wheel to fit them.

I was expecting to pay £20 tops for all 4 and about £10 or free as he knows who I am.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is an outrageous cost for 5-10 minutes work?

How much has this cost you to get done before?

Mine do it for free :)

Does sound well over the top, they do need to cover some costs(weights/air etc) but I would always give £20 even if they try to decline.

Have a ring around. You may get a better price from a large national company if you speak to the right manager as your money just goes in the beer/coffee/bacon sarny tin

R.

£15 per wheel adds up to £60 mate. You're getting a deal. He still has to balance the wheels etc.

Indeed, but I didn't expect it to cost anywhere near though.

Garage close to me charges 15 per wheel. I just use my dads garage if ever I need it. You could always drive down to mine and i will fit them for nothing there :D

Well it only costs £20 to get down there so I'll pop down Saturday morning :D

Mine do it for free :)

Does sound well over the top, they do need to cover some costs(weights/air etc) but I would always give £20 even if they try to decline.

Have a ring around. You may get a better price from a large national company if you speak to the right manager as your money just goes in the beer/coffee/bacon sarny tin

R.

I'll call around as I need to get them fitted this weekend.

Cheers chaps :)

Do you live in a cave Josh ?

£20 to fit 4 tyres inc valve & balance lmao

I've never had to have it done before so didn't realise it cost so much.

The most I've had done was a puncture repair that they did on my Clio years ago and the guy charged me £5 to do it (and he didn't know who I was back then).

I'll phone about :)

I've never had to have it done before so didn't realise it cost so much.

The most I've had done was a puncture repair that they did on my Clio years ago and the guy charged me £5 to do it (and he didn't know who I was back then).

I'll phone about :)

Jesus christ Josh you paid alot of money for your wheels and your moaning over £50 fitting costs :lol:

Stop being a tight arse and get your wallet out!

Jesus christ Josh you paid alot of money for your wheels and your moaning over £50 fitting costs :lol:

Stop being a tight arse and get your wallet out!

I am indeed :D

I managed to get all 4 tyres for £120 too haha.

Any money saved will be good to be spent at the pub in the evening :D

Why not varnish your tyres as well, as you're never going to fit those wheels, are you?

I'm fitting them for the photoshoot (which I wouldn't mention were it not for you :p) next Friday then either keeping them on (if the weather gets better) or putting the stocks back on.

I was thinking of painting the tyres white. Bad idea?

Do you get overcharged for everything Dnk?

Never been charged to swap tyres around at any of my locals, always give them something though.

If you don't know them they just get funny and overcharge to stop you buying ebay tyres

You must know your fitters quite well as most i know dont offer free fitting unless you buy

the tyres from them.

I use a very good mate thats and a trader on here and one of few i'd trust with

my wheels seeing as they cost an arm and a leg and even then it doesnt get done foc.

Not too sure what you mean by your first comment as i doubt you know what i pay for

anything.

You can buy a jack and axle stands for nearly that now, think i would invest and do it yourself.

I allways go to the same garage and they allways seem to give me good prices.

i had the tyres swopped from left to right not the wheels. My tyres are directional so just switching the wheels over dosent work:)

i had the tyres swopped from left to right not the wheels. My tyres are directional so just switching the wheels over dosent work:)

It would. I had that before when I put the wheels on my Golf. The two back ones were the wrong way round so they said they had to remove the tyres and swap them over. I told them to swivel and I'd swap the wheels myself!