Max bhp from Hybrids 550 rwhp???

Supra Kong

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you notice much improvement over stock? BHP figures aside!

there was a little improvement, turbos came on a little harder, but were a little laggier.

Personally, I wouldn't get hybrids, as to make the most of them you still need the supporting Mods of a single turbo.

I will reserve judgement till I see a set of hybrids 1) do what they say on the box and 2) last more than 6 months.

I'm as pessimistic as you are but Stu Hagen seems to be getting nice power with his gt28s(600rwhp AFAIR?) and those here should put down even more. The longevity is my concern too but if i get them they will be tested thoroughly on the Ring, other race tracks and German Autobahns :D

there was a little improvement, turbos came on a little harder, but were a little laggier.

Personally, I wouldn't get hybrids, as to make the most of them you still need the supporting Mods of a single turbo.

That's the point. I'll get the other mods anyways so if i waste that 1400 and it works out to have a bhp number starting with 6 I'll be a happy man! :D

If not I'll get a GTX35 and go from there ^^

The biggest advantage with the hybrids for me is the MOT here in Germany. With a single I'd have to get it looked at and stated in my papers etc with the hybrids i don't have a problem with MOT,Police etc ^^

The biggest problem will be the exhaust manifold took a look at mine today and sure one could machine it abit but not verry much as the cast iron will crack rather fast if the material gets to thin. if there where someway to get and exhaust manifold that will flow more it should be no problem. maybe get the flanges cut and make a custom one.

And tbh i would rather get a proper hybrid setup then go for a single but thats due to various factors. Like the MOT dont like big singel turbos, i want to keep it stockish under the engine bay and i would probebly never want to get above hybrid maxpower but that is just me we all have our resons. well see atm iam saving for a LHD conversation.

So basically he is using diff manifold and diff turbos so its not really stock based at all, may as well fit a diff small twin kit and lose the rubbish stock manifold. it would still be twins for the MOT etc.

If you fit a diff small twin kit, would you still be able to set it up to be sequential and make it appear OEM for those areas that have strict visual inspection?

Thats why I purchased the kit, because it looks OEM. Hopefully when I get my supporting mods down the road it will preform better than OEM. I however will be happy with something in the 450-500USrwhp(since it probably won't be ready for tuning until I return to the states).

So basically he is using diff manifold and diff turbos so its not really stock based at all, may as well fit a diff small twin kit and lose the rubbish stock manifold. it would still be twins for the MOT etc.

I understand what you're saying, dude.. but at the risk of trying to teach you how to suck eggs, the remanufactured modifed manifold is based on the stock system (along with the updated stock twin setup) with the aim of truly maximising the Toyota sequential setup. As it's clear that the standard system has limits (poor flow, high temps etc), this is attempting to remove all those to see whether we can up the power & compete with stock Porsches etc while still staying OEM-ish. I love the idea, but agree that it remains to be seen if this is any more reliable than any other hybrid turbo kit.

For places like California and Victoria, Australia, the benefits from having a modified vehicle that appears stock standard will mean removing a lot of unnecessary potential "legal" attention and the costs associated.

I understand what you're saying, dude.. but at the risk of trying to teach you how to suck eggs, the remanufactured modifed manifold is based on the stock system (along with the updated stock twin setup) with the aim of truly maximising the Toyota sequential setup. As it's clear that the standard system has limits (poor flow, high temps etc), this is attempting to remove all those to see whether we can up the power & compete with stock Porsches etc while still staying OEM-ish. I love the idea, but agree that it remains to be seen if this is any more reliable than any other hybrid turbo kit.

For places like California and Victoria, Australia, the benefits from having a modified vehicle that appears stock standard will mean removing a lot of unnecessary potential "legal" attention and the costs associated.

The guy that rebuilt a supra in australia (inferno I think) used an aftermarket seq system didnt he ??? Thtas no difference apart from its not trying to maximise a ltd design.

The guy that rebuilt a supra in australia (inferno I think) used an aftermarket seq system didnt he ??? Thtas no difference apart from its not trying to maximise a ltd design.

Yup Inferno did his at sound performance. But it looks far from stock(manifolds look like a monster from a parallel universe :D ) and so there's no chance to fool a MOT Tester here in Germany for example. With this concept you could as the turbos look stock and the manifold itself is covered by the stock heat shield. Still a single or parallel twin kit will be more efficient i'm with you concerning this point.

• 1 year later...