The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max bhp from Hybrids 550 rwhp???

Supra Kong

this is for TRUE t28R 60mm inducer A/R62 if IRRC

hybrids might not push this but pretty close. lets say they push 650 and lets calculate with a powertrain loss at 12%

650x0.88=572whp

tru t28r 720x0.88=633whp

this is ofc in theory, and its calculated on 90% VE( Volumetric effiency) and BFSC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption ) of 0.42 aka race fuel.

if you could increase the VE they would push out more,

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As i said before, if i ever won the lottery i would want to do a silly build with a 3.4 stroker kit and turbos like this.. they would spool super quick and push out (hopefully around 550-600 whp) it would look super stock and MOT would be happy and so would i. honestly i just love the BPU supra drives like a V8 with awsome torque down low. simply love it. hope you go trough Abz would be super intresting.

My HKS GT3037's give just over 550whp at 1.25 bar - so Hybrids have as much chance of doing that as Abz has at running a 9 hour 1/4 mile

totally agree they wont push out 550 @ 1.25 bar would be somewhere around 1.5-1.6 or even more comes down to how well your engine breath. you would deffy need bigger cams to as the A/R is higher. and you would move the powerband abit up so reving about 7k is going to be needed imo

this is for TRUE t28R 60mm inducer A/R62 if IRRC

hybrids might not push this but pretty close. lets say they push 650 and lets calculate with a powertrain loss at 12%

650x0.88=572whp

tru t28r 720x0.88=633whp

this is ofc in theory, and its calculated on 90% VE( Volumetric effiency) and BFSC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption ) of 0.42 aka race fuel.

if you could increase the VE they would push out more,

It's x 0.85 rather than 0.88 for a manual and around 0.8 for an auto. Transmission losses are calculated at 15% and 20% for the Supra.

I very much doubt they are full on GT28s but even if they are, as Johnny says, that sort of power at those levels won't be possible. Remember that Johnnys setup is on a proper set of manifolds with all the exhaust side built for flow. The stock setup is shockingly bad and has the EGTS skyrocketing on stock turbos, nevermind pushing hybrids.

There is absolutely no way on earth that that car would make 550RWHP in the UK. Given the engine you know of that went over and was only 20hp different from you guys, I would argue that your measurement is closer to the US than most of ours are. We seem to read very low in the UK looking at similar spec cars on different dynos.

i was told by cr turbos that the uk/us turbo housing is smaller then the jspec and cant be machined out as much.

Yeah the UK/Euro/US spec tubbys are a bit smaller than the jspecs :)

What do you mean by that?

Lets just say Suprastore aren't renowned for their delivery reliability.

It's x 0.85 rather than 0.88 for a manual and around 0.8 for an auto. Transmission losses are calculated at 15% and 20% for the Supra.

I very much doubt they are full on GT28s but even if they are, as Johnny says, that sort of power at those levels won't be possible. Remember that Johnnys setup is on a proper set of manifolds with all the exhaust side built for flow. The stock setup is shockingly bad and has the EGTS skyrocketing on stock turbos, nevermind pushing hybrids.

There is absolutely no way on earth that that car would make 550RWHP in the UK. Given the engine you know of that went over and was only 20hp different from you guys, I would argue that your measurement is closer to the US than most of ours are. We seem to read very low in the UK looking at similar spec cars on different dynos.

you say its 15%, how did you figure that one out? did you take a median for all the cars stock and tuned? diffrent gearbox oil, diffrent diff oil. there is alot of things that factor in. usually in sweden we calculate of 12% power loss. however its kinda stupid to even calcultate as it varies alot from car to car. if you want to know the flywheel hp or crank hp you would need to take it to an engine bench. they are pretty much spot on. like 1% marginal.

scott first of all the A/R of the turbine is higher then stock turbos=lower exhaust temps (needs more exhaust to start moving) secondly they are gt28 internals to the supra turbo. as for the manifold yeah its far from ideal. can be ported abit tho. About jonnys setup iam not saying that hybrids will push equally as his at the same boost pressure ratio. iam saying you will need to push the hybrids to (upto) 1.9 bar that is mostly due to the exhaust manifold.

I really dont want to go there but you keep saying OMG that car would never have 550 what you guys call it UKHorsepowers kinda pisses me off. you think you are special right? well i have 100% respect for some cars here, i love JP cars but he is pusing out 1300 what you call it UKHP. Björck in sweden has 1300WHP and still he can go 1/4 mile in 8.6 seconds? and JP struggle to get a 9second. honestly get your head out your rolling roads dont show less the anywhere else in the world. most fault is made when trying to calculate how much HP you have in the engine based on wheels results.

you just keep saying this and that about most turbos still you are not verry well educated in how it actually works.

Also you said that Christer Johansson from NLR probebly just wanted braging rights and "fixed the numbers" or using the "US method" http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?t=19680 the busa cylinder head pushes 288cfm @ 28" water pillar 12mm. aslo Christer has built numberus of cylinder heads for world record holders like BMW m20b25 (2.5l 2valves/cylinder) 1040HP, several volvo cylinder heads pusing 1000hp and beyond and alot more. he is one of the absolute best guys in the world when it comes to this. just look at the pictures of the engine he built.

back to the hybrids. IF the manifold can take the extra pressure (heat) iam pretty sure they are able to do a resonable amount of power wether it be 300UKWHP or 550SwedenBHP. obviously you would need to have suporting mods.

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

I really dont want to go there but you keep saying OMG that car would never have 550 what you guys call it UKHorsepowers kinda pisses me off. you think you are special right? well i have 100% respect for some cars here, i love JP cars but he is pusing out 1300 what you call it UKHP. Björck in sweden has 1300WHP and still he can go 1/4 mile in 8.6 seconds? and JP struggle to get a 9second. honestly get your head out your rolling roads dont show less the anywhere else in the world. most fault is made when trying to calculate how much HP you have in the engine based on wheels results.

I have 1100rhhp, Bjorck has 1300rwhp, his 60ft's are 1.3. mine are 1.8, thats a second gained over the 1/4 for the 60ft difference alone.

you say its 15%, how did you figure that one out? did you take a median for all the cars stock and tuned? diffrent gearbox oil, diffrent diff oil. there is alot of things that foctor in. usually in sweden we calculate of 12% power loss. however its kinda stupid to even calcultate as it varies alot from car to car. if you want to know the flywheel hp or crank hp you would need to take it to an engine bench. they are pretty much spot on.

scott first of all the A/R of the turbine is higher then stock turbos=lower exhaust temps (needs more exhaust to start moving) secondly they are gt28 internals to the supra turbo. as for the manifold yeah its far from ideal. can be ported abit tho. About jonnys setup iam not saying that hybrids will push equally as his at the same boost pressure ration. iam saying you will need to push the hybrids to (upto) 1.9 bar.

you just keep saying this and that about most turbos still you are not verry well educated in how it actually works.

Also you said that Christer Johansson from NLR probebly just wanted braging rights and "fixed the numbers" or using the "US method" http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?t=19680 the busa cylinder head pushes 288cfm @ 28" water pillar 12mm. aslo Christer has built numberus of cylinder heads for world record holders like BMW m20b25 (2.5l 2valves/cylinder) 1040HP, several volvo cylinder heads pusing 1000hp and beyond and alot more. he is one of the absolute best guys in the world when it comes to this. just look at the pictures of the engine he built.

back to the hybrids. IF the manifold can take the extra pressure (heat) iam pretty sure they are able to do a resonable amount of power wether it be 300UKWHP or 550SwedenBHP. obviously you would need to have suporting mods.

There really is no talking to you at all. You are not grasping any concept or part of what I am saying so there is little point in re-iterating any of it or taking any part of the "discussion" forward.

You are right, it's 550rwhp. Power is a constant measure across all dynos and continents, we just don't know how to operate them properly in the UK. Toyota actually sent lesser powered cars to the UK with approx 15% less power than the US/Euro spec equivilant (or 12% if you prefer, hell lets make it 10% just for the fun of it?).

Glad that's all cleared up.

Now, if you could just tell us if the plane would take off from a treadmill that would be great.

I have 1100rhhp, Bjorck has 1300rwhp, his 60ft's are 1.3. mine are 1.8, thats a second gained over the 1/4 for the 60ft difference alone.

yes i know but when he did his first 8sec pass he had 1300 and his speeds where higher then you aswell i think.(crank or there abouts) just saying that if the UK messuring is all spot on then björck should have somthing like 1100WHP with your messuring methods. iam not trying to take anything from you JamieP i love your car and i think its brilliant.

yes i know but when he did his first 8sec pass he had 1300 and his speeds where higher then you aswell i think.(crank or there abouts) just saying that if the UK messuring is all spot on then björck should have somthing like 1100WHP with your messuring methods. iam not trying to take anything from you JamieP i love your car and i think its brilliant.

I dont have a measuring method, my has put down 1100rhhp and that the only figure im quoting dude, i dont know what % to add to it to get and estimated FWHP figure so im not going to do it, im tempted to think hub and flywheel figures are pretty close myself, you cant compare bjorcks car to mine, he is running E85 and a huge T6 setup, im still pump fuel and T4.

I have to say i dont think the dyno numbers between different countrys are that far apart myself, back to the first post, for that car to do a 10.8 at 130 it has to have itro 550 rwhp imo, when i did my 10.9 at 126mph i had 536.2rwhp at srr.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I dont have a measuring method, my has put down 1100rhhp and that the only figure im quoting dude, i dont know what % to add to it to get and estimated FWHP figure so im not going to do it, im tempted to think hub and flywheel figures are pretty close myself, you cant compare bjorcks car to mine, he is running E85 and a huge T6 setup, im still pump fuel and T4.

I have to say i dont think the dyno numbers between different countrys are that far apart myself, back to the first post, for that car to do a 10.8 at 130 it has to have itro 550 rwhp imo, when i did my 10.9 at 126mph i had 536.2rwhp at srr.

What power did Dude have when he did his 10 sec 1/4? That would be a good comparison to have too.

I dont know, being auto its near impossible to get a real dyno figure out of them, best to leave autos out of it imo.

Even with the RWHP figure? I don't even know what terminal he done but I remember his avatar showing a high 10.

Edit: It's on youtube 10.7 @140mph. Be curious to see if he knows what the RWHP of his car was.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)