The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear

supra_bus.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the whole you're right - but I really thought that the first two episodes of this season were like the Top Gear of old.

Absolutely agree.

But tonight was like a leftover from one of the previous couple of series in comparison - found myself getting bored with all the non-comedy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the Masserati. If the gearbox was too slow out of 'race mode' then why not just leave it in 'race mode'?

If that was the only thing wrong with it then seemed to be a very good GT car from what I could see. Much better looking that the usual Masserati i thought.

But then I suppose you can't really make any sort of reality judgement on a car when you watch Top Gear these days. ;)

Is it just me or is Hammond regressing into a 9 year-old? He's really, really, really, really, really p1ssing me off this week and I am quite tempted to drive down and cuff him round the back on the head. He'd better off just doing kids telly these days and leaving some adults to talk about the mo-mos!

Open, Do stupid faked challange, Do news (best bit) Review new car (not to bad) Star in car (worst bit) Continue with fake challange, end.

Nail on proverbial head. I'll only watch TG these days if nothing else is on, and even then i still can't commit 100% of my attention to it.

Is it just me or is Hammond regressing into a 9 year-old? He's really, really, really, really, really p1ssing me off this week and I am quite tempted to drive down and cuff him round the back on the head. He'd better off just doing kids telly these days and leaving some adults to talk about the mo-mos!

It grates on me the way his voice goes up in pitch by an octave or two when he's having some "banter" with the others. He's probably more annoying than Clarkson these days: at least Clarkson can be amusing when he's not in full smug mode.

It was boring and a bit disappointing IMO. The first Top Gear my brother has watched for about 6 years and it was utter poop. I was hoping it would be good so he'd get back into watching it, but there's no hope of that now!

That Brutus machine though, what a fire breathing animal!

I've seen that at CPOP and its not that special to be honest.

On the other hand the Bentley replica was more like it :)

As for the rest of the show, well hmmmmmm, same old crap really and think

they should through the towel in

The Bentley was a work of art. It actually got me thinking about building something of the same ilk but much cheaper. Given how expensive Rolls Royce Merlin and Meteor engines are, I've started looking at V12 Jags as a donor :cool:

I also think that little Morgan is fantastic.