The Supra's replacement - Now with proper pictures

DamanC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys. :)

looks a very nice motor

If i was to ever sell the supra thats what i would be gunning for. The only real upgrade to a supra if im honest:salute:

Those were kinda my thoughts. Everything else out there just seemed like a sideways step.

Nice car Daman mate like to have heads up with your new toy :eyebrows:

Sounds like a plan :) I'm not going the remap route until at least mid summer so if we can sort something before it should be a good run.

have you fallen over or standing in a hole ? nice car whats the insurance like compared to your supra ?

Its just way I take pictures :D but yes, I was standing in a hole :noangel: Insurance is £100 more than my Supra. It was all helped from owning a tuned Supra for 7 years without wrapping it round a tree.

wooahh thats a proper car - how much did you get it for in the end?

More than 25k ;) If you were considering one and had a bit of a want list rather than a grey tip with "curried pig" interior, you would want to realistically look a spending 28/29K as a minimum.

I'll admit that I was looking at 996 Turbo's/997 Carrera 4's not that long ago to replace the Supra, just found them a bit 'clinical' for my liking. GT3/GT2 RS could persuade me though :innocent:

Took a GT3 out as they are similar money to the Turbos. I have no doubt, its a track weapon but missed the power that the Turbos give. A GT2 on the other hand is a little bit on the special side.

Managed to go for a drive last night, in the dry for the first time and gave it a little run. I can safely say, its ****ing fast! I tried to liken it to a Supra, and up until a couple of days ago, I was still trying, but now I have got a little more used to it and can now drive it, its a totally different kettle of fish. I am REALLY looking forward to actually learning to drive it better. Its one of them that you have to drive properly to see what they really are capable of otherwise its just "****ing fast!".

Ill get some better pics up over the next couple of weeks. :)

PS - Sorta still miss the Supra, I think I always will, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Managed to go for a drive last night, in the dry for the first time and gave it a little run. I can safely say, its ****ing fast! I tried to liken it to a Supra, and up until a couple of days ago, I was still trying, but now I have got a little more used to it and can now drive it, its a totally different kettle of fish. I am REALLY looking forward to actually learning to drive it better. Its one of them that you have to drive properly to see what they really are capable of otherwise its just "****ing fast!".

Totally agree to that :) Like my car I am giving it a lot of respect that it deserves.

Now all you need is cargraphic exhaust, de cat and Fearnsport Re-Map. It will pop flames everytime you shift ;)

Weve remapped loads of these (thats why I want one) they suffer from weak actuators and the recirc valves need changing for stronger metal ones. We are one of 4 UK agents for APR products, they do a nice high HP kit for these.

Weve remapped loads of these (thats why I want one) they suffer from weak actuators and the recirc valves need changing for stronger metal ones. We are one of 4 UK agents for APR products, they do a nice high HP kit for these.

The APR maps are very good maps! Highly recommend! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Annoying isn't it?

In all honesty I have only drive it a handful of times since getting it. The weather is pretty poor but the times I have driven her, "phenomenal". :)

I'm itching to get out for a spin but sadly she is currently a garage queen :(

Must admit I have been looking at some sexy bits, this kinda is doing it for me right now:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7798/d7o0000777gz2.jpg

Absolutely stunning! I have a very similar badge shot of mine as my desktop, bit dirtier though as mine is defo not a garage queen :eyebrows:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146121[/ATTACH]

Any chance you could make a clip of how the Tubi sounds? I've been looking at a few exhausts lately but they all seem to sound a bit 'farty' to me. And if you're thinking about reflash, I hear the FVD Brombacher stuff is meant to be good.