The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Manual, ABS, LSD...

Mr Cull

I’m hoping to get a new NA this year.

What I’m after is a car that’s really been looked after and doesn’t need anything doing to it.

I’m not interested in anyone’s cast offs or unfinished projects.

I’m after a good solid car that’s got the looks and also has many years left in it!

I’ve got money waiting but am in no rush. I’m sure most people will agree it’ll be better to wait 6 months to get my perfect Supe rather than making a rushed buy.

So for the time being I’m happy with my ‘standard’ NA :)

The amount of money I’m willing to spend depends on the car. But I’m not going to pay over the odds, as after all, it will be a NA!

I thought the best way to advertise what I’m looking for it to make 3 lists.

Below are lists of Essentials, Wants and Dis-wants

What is a must:

Manual

ABS

LSD

Aftermarket alloys (not curbed)

Cat 1 alarm immobiliser.

Long MOT

Uprated suspension (like bilstein) although capable of tackling all speed bumps!

What would be nice:

Service History

Recent full service

Good tire tread

Recent (ish) timing belt replacement

Recent new (quality) paint job

Uprated stereo/speakers

Sub/Amp

Reupholstered interior

Engine bling

Remote start

6spd

Facelift

Long tax

Receipts and history for the car.

Car located

What might put me off:

Standard silver colour

As said at the start any work needing to be done on the car!

Stone chips or scratches on the paintwork.

Any ‘over the top’ body kits

Really loud exhaust (although I guess this could be bunged)

No evidence for servicing

Many “power enhancing” modifications which wont make much difference on a NA but WILL make a significant increase to the insurance premiums.

There are probably a few things I’ve missed, and possibly not all of the technical terms are 100% correct, but I’m sure you’ve got the idea of what I’m looking for.

I will probably go for the car which ticks the most boxes and is priced reasonably.

So if anyone’s think they might have something suitable then post or PM the details. The more info and pictures provided the better.

Also if anyone sees anything that might be suitable then let me know. If I end up buying a car on someone’s recommendations then I’ll buy them a beer at a future event :)

• 1 month later...

Still looking :search:

Cheers Abz - I did consider posting budget but thought it may encourage someone to artificially inflate their valuation to my top end.

hmm.. I will leave it like this for now and see what other offer come in...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.