The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water based paint partly dried on new garage floor - any ideas on removing it :(

SupraStar 3000

Water based paint on new garage floor - any ideas on removing it :(

Wednesday's fetish night has been a total disaster.

This time the donkey was spooked by the sound of a chainsaw and before I could get dressed the blasted devil knocked over a can of paint i was painting the walls with. No bother i assumed,.... "water based, easily removed with warm water" - but in reality it wont shift.

Tomorrow I'm attacking it with a wire disc attachment, on the end of by black and decker but that will scuff the concrete floor.

Any ideas?

a jet wash should work the one i have would take the paint work of your car if u have turned up to much.

Maybe try a bit of methylated spirts on it first just to losen it up a bit then if it dosnt work you can always set fire to it then call your insurance company:d

Pressure wash is your best bet....i managed to spill a whole old tub of magnolia as it tore from the bottom, right in the garage and down it went onto the driveway. Cleared as much as i could when it was wet....I have no idea why, but after that i didnt touch it for a couple of weeks. Came off in nice big chunks with the pressure washer :D

Why not just paint the rest of the floor to match ? ;)

An excellent idea..!!

We spilled red wine on our cream carpet and it was cheaper to get a few more bottles and spray it around rather than buy another carpet. Unfortunately the room now smells like an alcho's bladder but you can't have everything.

H.