The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice/ input on pricing please?!

mitchell

Hi all,

I have a black 93 N/A manual JZA80 which is pretty standard apart from upgraded alloys (17"). Mileage sits at 102k miles and I was toying with the idea of changing for an earlier Supra or (dare I say it) Nissan 350z.

I've just seen a nice 3.0 SZ 1996 manual in electric blue, 54k miles, 19" alloys, veilside (prob not the real deal) at £6000.

I've always been tempted by something a little different rather than performance so I know the arguments for getting a TT will be there. I just wondered if I could get some input on my cars value for p/x and whether £6k is a reasonable price?

Cheers

Cheers Steve. Kinda my thoughts. Its a nice car and a little different but at the end of the day its just an NA so thought 5k rather than 6k. At 6k I can get a lower mileage, younger 350Z. Hmmmm, guess I see if/ what the guy comes back with!

Thanks

I sold my facelift NA 18 months ago for around £4500. It had 94K on the clock but I only paid 5K for it with 78K on the clock neearly 5 years ago.

Either way, 6K for any NA is over the top unless it is super mint with low miles.

H.

£4500 really fair play. thats it my na is now up for sale :D

I wouldn't say any NA is worth over £3k now, unless it's museum quality or has a 6 speed box. A 350z will be a far better car in most respects than an NA Supra, so if you can afford the running costs that's the way I'd go. if you pay £6k for an NA with a bodykit, it will be worth £3k as soon as you drive away from the dealer.

However.

I'm going to bring up the TT argument, as the running costs are similar to an NA if you don't 'floor it' everywhere, it will hold its value far better than an NA and it's a good base incase you decide you want a faster car at some point. I would definately choose a TT auto over a 350z.

I wouldn't say any NA is worth over £3k now, unless it's museum quality or has a 6 speed box. A 350z will be a far better car in most respects than an NA Supra, so if you can afford the running costs that's the way I'd go.

My last car was a 350z and the insurance was cheaper than my na supra i have now and its was also better on fuel, the only down side was that the 350 is a 2 seater so with the supra i can do the school run.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.