The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone watch 'Coppers' last night

dude

I watched the show and it was refreshing to see some real life comments from officers allowed to say (some) of the things we think. I don't agree with all of it but I understand it.

I have been in the job for 6-7 years now and I am still a newbie, you learn more everyday, you never get perfect at it, you make mistakes, the thing to do is learn from them and be a big enough man to apologise for them, its a hard job but I wouldn't want to do anything else, we help 99% of the public get on with what they want go do, that 1% that are idiots deserve what they get, you act a prat you get treated like one.

Thank you to those who support the police, those that don't, well, when it kicks off again and I help stop thugs and mindless idiots from smashing you property/face I hope you will change your mind. Were not all perfect, some officers are five, most are good hardworking people.

Nice job Volvo mind.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta agree entirely with Dude on this one.

I'm not a fan of them and think they are blatantly prejudice (hence the riots). I could tell at least 5 stories where I've been harrassed and been treatly with disrespect for no reason than the obvious. People who know me on here can take a guess why.

Yes I've met some nice ones, but met far more bad than good in my experience. Can't stand them. And I bet those of you who "have never had a bad experience" blah blah live in good areas and not grew up in council flats.

How they treat you if you are from Buckinghamshire/Richmond will be totally different to how they treat you in East London/Hackney/Brixton etc..

And what a surprise all the places in the program were in reasonably poor areas. :rolleyes:

1% that are idiots deserve what they get, you act a prat you get treated like one.

that is the problem ,you turn the young hating the police, and then what happens ?.more problems .

I agree. I just think tougher sentences are needed, especially for assaulting (verbally or physically) a police officer.

That alone should make a big difference and hopefully cops will have less need to raise their voice or get physical.

i watched this to and i'm with dude they were way to heavy handed the poor old drunk guy pushed very hard two to three times then over , what would of happened if the guy had fallen and whacked his head on the floor and had to go to hospital would the copper get done for assault ? i doute it , then when he wonted a glass of water and they would not give him one that was just bang out of order he was doing no harm .'

and then the dad hows mental ill sun was been treated in the ambulance and they would not let him see him can they stop him from seeing him?

Hey guess what folks, the Police, good & bad, represent society.

My lock-up was burgled last week and they were prompt and courteous.

I've also been pulled a few times over the last 25 years or so and have never been spoken to badly.

I think there's a basic problem with a lot of people simply having no manners to start with and getting people's backs up.

Yes yes, I know there are some bullies and some bent coppers, but many civillians are simply fools, and in the end, many bring it on themselves.

my daughter goes out with her mates and after a few drinks they prob all get lippy

Well - I was brought up properly and respect people, whether I'm drunk or not and wouldn't dream of 'getting lippy' with anyone let alone the police. If my child did, I would think she would deserve all she got.

I'm not a fan of them and think they are blatantly prejudice (hence the riots). I could tell at least 5 stories where I've been harrassed and been treatly with disrespect for no reason than the obvious.

The riots had absolutely nothing to do with Police predjudice. And I dont know you so, whats the obvious?

This thread has got way off the original point, but the Police are this and that until you need them, then theyre the greatest thing since sliced bread, too many double standards.

Im not a copper, nor are any of my family members but theyre just people doing a very difficult job under increasingly difficult circumstances in a society thats disappearing up its own backside.

Just cut them a bit of slack. Personally Ive never had a single run in with them.

Mate, There is no way on gods earth my kids would ever be in that situation.

Jamie trust me here dude I have 4 daughters, all stunners and all well spoken and very educated and all of em have been drunk and mouthy in town, your little angel will be no different, girls are far worse than boys. Some of the foulest mouthed girls and boys you will see acting like absolute trailer trash will be from Public Schools (which I went to) the more exclusive the school the worse they will behave.

Well - I was brought up properly and respect people, whether I'm drunk or not and wouldn't dream of 'getting lippy' with anyone let alone the police. If my child did, I would think she would deserve all she got.

Aww bless you do everything your told do you ??? what a boring life you will have. My daughters will stand up for themselves, if they are 'ordered' to move etc when there is no legal reason too then why should they ???

Listen everyone here has the wrong end of the stick, now the police and I very rarely see eye to eye as most of us know but they have a hard and not very thankfull job to do and MOST do it to the best of their ability but never have I seen in all the programmes from different countries more embarassing footage than from our police, one the other night showed a copper calling a 20 year old girl 'mate' very clasy and repectful, a male copper calling a female 'mate'. The US cops are far more ruthless than our police but far more polite. Ive been arrested in 3 diff countries and the most unproffesional were the UK police for treatment.

This will make you proud to be British, the wpc even takes her hands out of her pockets in the end !!!! 3.50 for the classy bird

Jamie trust me here dude I have 4 daughters, all stunners and all well spoken and very educated and all of em have been drunk and mouthy in town, your little angel will be no different, girls are far worse than boys. Some of the foulest mouthed girls and boys you will see acting like absolute trailer trash will be from Public Schools (which I went to) the more exclusive the school the worse they will behave.

I don't buy that.

When I went to my school, 1990-1997, it was £15k a year back then, so very exclusive - and I'm still in touch with 90% of my friends from then. Not one has ever got up front and mouthy.

I don't buy that.

When I went to my school, 1990-1997, it was £15k a year back then, so very exclusive - and I'm still in touch with 90% of my friends from then. Not one has ever got up front and mouthy.

You must have gone to a sheltered one then, the upper classes have long been known for their debauchery and drunkeness, its well documented, hell I remember going to the end of term houseparty and at 14 was given every drink under the sun and watched the deputy head fall off his chair unable to move. I suppose you don't believe catholic priests abuse kids either !!! How do you know what you friends do when your not there how would you know some of the will be married but prob raving gays etc, so you know eeveryone in the school or just the chess club ???

Have seen that video only a week or two ago, its actually an example of the reason for a couple of my negative encounters.. Police officers trying to enforce 'laws' that they know nothing about.

An example is when i recieved a fine for having a jap standard sized rear license plate, they said because there is room, it should have uk spec. Also the spacing between the letters.

After this encounter, i did my own research and measured the spaces and borders and found them to be 100% legal.

After complaining down at the police station, and having to measure it infront of the officer, he dissapeared for 45minutes to return and tell me i didnt have the postcode on it so the penalty remained. That wasnt even the reason i was pulled.

Not at all. This has nothing to do with class either, it's knowing how to be.

Im not talking about going out and rampaging around, im talking about being drunk and not seeing things the same as the sober person standing in front of you same as happens many 1000's of times all over britain in every town centre on a friday and saturday night, my my we have a forum full of saints and angels tonight, so neither of you have ever had an argument or altercation of any sort then, what sheltered lives you must lead, you dont ever see any coppers off duty drinking and getting loud do you, wake up and smell the coffee.

When i was younger I was a naughty boy if i agreed to the police when arrested they were nice and polite but if i didnt agree thats when they gave it the tough route.

I grew up eventually I thought of the police as just people doing their jobs I even helped one out when he was getting a kicking by 5 guys down the seafront.

But when I split up with my ex and she decided I shouldn't see my 10yr old son anymore the police got involved I got the hard end of everthing even going to the shop 30yds away i got arrested for harassment, I wish I knew then her new bloke was a Sargent at southend nick !!!

I am far from being a saint, and have had my fair share of 'situations' with the police, some good, some bad. But overall I have respect for 90% of them. It is the same with every walk of life I guess, I respect and get along with 90% of users on this forum, 10% I know I wouldn't want to spend more time with than needed.

I was always bought up to respect people, police or otherwise. If I was asked to move on I would, mainly because what is the point in arguing, it is a pointless exercise and will only end up in an altercation. I don't have the time, energy or inclination to get into an argument I can't win. Most people on these 'shows' are on there as they have time on their hands between filming for Jeremy Kyle. Oh hang on I'm making a widespread judgement against people I don't know and am judging them on the basis of an edited program called 'coppers'