The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone watch 'Coppers' last night

dude

I was a bit surprised and shocked that the police actually let some of this be shown, im surprised a couple of the old bill involved are not up on assault charges, a wpc blatently throws a 14 year old girl onto the floor (ok she was slightly drunk) she was not fighting or anything, she was not arrested but had some nasty grazes, another showed a burly copper pushing a drunk away till he goes arse over tit , drunk 8 stone soaking wet copper about 14 stone, smacks of bullying to me and they wonder why the public hate em so much, now I can see the point with scumbags who have beaten an old lady up etc but this was OTT, I would actually make a complaint if I knew how.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no time or patience for the police, theyre a useless waste of taxes. Nothing more than legalised bullies in my experience. Have yet to meet a decent one with some grasp of morality and decency.

its a shame, as in principal theyre a fantastic idea... i just dont get how its dissolved into the current situation.

Can you tell im not a fan? hehe

I saw it and loved when they threw the girl into the road. The whole party was full of scum bags.

I do like watching it though, as it's the only police programme that shows it as it is and lets the police say how they feel about the offenders.

I saw it and loved when they threw the girl into the road. The whole party was full of scum bags.

I do like watching it though, as it's the only police programme that shows it as it is and lets the police say how they feel about the offenders.

Why would you love it when they threw the girl in the road, ok the family should prob be on Jeremy Kyle but thats no excuse to behave that way, trust me ive seen them do the same to a Doctor, he had a drink but did not deserve what he got, your attitude will change if it ever happens to you trust me, personally I would like to see any of those coppers behave like that with me if they didnt have a uniform and radio on !!!

Why would you love it when they threw the girl in the road, ok the family should prob be on Jeremy Kyle but thats no excuse to behave that way, trust me ive seen them do the same to a Doctor, he had a drink but did not deserve what he got, your attitude will change if it ever happens to you trust me, personally I would like to see any of those coppers behave like that with me if they didnt have a uniform and radio on !!!

I think it's probably because I've never had any run ins with the police. The only times I've ever been caught doing something I shouldn't have been, they've always been really nice (probably because one of the times they were community support and I used to chat to them in the shop I worked in) and I've never had any trouble with them or have anything come from it.

I'm sure if they roughed me up, I'd feel completely differently about it all.

I think it's probably because I've never had any run ins with the police. The only times I've ever been caught doing something I shouldn't have been, they've always been really nice (probably because they were community support and I used to chat to them in the shop I used to work in) and I've never had any trouble with them.

I'm sure if they roughed me up, I'd feel completely differently about it all.

Its not even the roughing up Josh its the lack of ability to think or reason like a normal human being, that is removed at police school, if you want a laugh go on you tube and search 'filming the police' or 'public filming'

Dont get me wrong, I am always polite until they get a bit funny and have not had any complaints about treatment even when being arrested, but there is no point in winding up so I just bite my tongue and comply at the same time putting accross I wonty be taking any s**t

I hate watching these sort of program's they just tend to wind me up. Most of the police are just a waste of tax payers money and cause more problems then they solve. I remember a couple of years ago when I dad been out drinking. A friend of mine that is female started having a argument with a bloke outside the pub for what ever reason. It was starting to turn more nasty and could see it wasn't going to end well. There was 4 or 5 coppers stood there arm folded just watching I asked them to get involved and break it up and they just said that's not what we are here for. The argument carried on and in the end the bloke raised his hand as to hit her so I lost the head and fired into him and it was only at that point they got involved and I got arrested. To be honest they should have got involved as soon as the argument started not waited intill there someone to arrest so they can fast track there way up the ranks

I love the Police, I think it's awesome when they beat the cr*p out of some drunken chav who thinks he's 'ard for swearing at the cops.

Although, as above, I've never been in the wrong place at the wrong time and been 'dealt with' accidentally - no idea how I'd feel if I was.

Ive been pulled a couple of times and had a chat and they have always seemed reasonable - but that's only because i'm reasonable and quite placid I guess.

I haven't encountered any when i'm drunk because I don't drink, but i can understand how frustrating it must be to deal with drunken people.

Although i was traveling down a country road during the last lot of very bad snow, and there was a police car in front of me seemingly struggling in the snow.

They put the hazards on and waved me past and I pulled next to them in the Supe and wound my window down with them and said "Wow, the snow is bad down here, how are you finding it?"

"Yeah, ok" and put the window up.

Also the time when I was a witness to a cyclist undertaking me and t-boning the side of a van and knocking himself unconscious.

An off duty policeman attended the scene, and as we were waiting for a ambulance he wasn't very friendly or talkative with me?

Perhaps i'm just a bad conversationalist, but i've never managed to hold down a conversation with a policeman, unless they are one-way talking at me about something they want to be talking about.

the times we have needed them theyv been a bag of excrement, lol thats the issue. I used to support them, my father is a cop and i wanted to become one. Due to experiences whilst encountering them for numerous different things, My opinion has reversed polarity. ( BTW, Nothing illegal, havent been caught for those things ;P )

They need a complete overhaul, the public as a whole are losing faith in them, i dont know many people that bother with them for most things.

I have been accused of a number of different things whilst in my car though i can 110% assure these alegations were rubbish.

its such a shame its crumbled to such a situation but unfortunately it seems a large portion of the country feel the same.

I think the main problem Police have become next to useless (aside because of so much health and safety bull*** and fear of being sued) is threads and opinions like this.

People should respect and to some extent fear the Police if they are doing something wrong in my opinion. I didn't see the program in question so I can't comment on that, but I think on the whole, people give them too much of a hard time.

I've had a fair few run-ins with the Police, and even when I've been breaking the law, they've been more than reasonable. There are some power-hungry morons no doubt, but they are not all bad.

I think they main problem Police have become next to useless (because of so much health and safety bull*** and fear of being sued) is threads like this.

People should respect and to some extent fear the Police if they are doing something wrong in my opinion. I didn't see the program in question so I can't comment on that, but I think on the whole, people give them too much of a hard time.

I've had a fair few run-ins with the Police, and even when I've been breaking the law, they've been more than reasonable. There are some power-hungry morons no doubt, but they are not all bad.

No the WPC last night was just a vicious little bully, threw the girl on the ground really hard and never even arrested her, you earn respect not just get it because you wear a uniform.

I don't feel the police have enough powers as it is, hence why the 'kids' feel they can get away with anything these days. A sharp clip to the ear without the fear of legal retaliation is what's needed again.

If you've done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear.

Then again, I didn't watch the programme, and of course there will be some numpties, but on the whole they do seem pretty reasonable to me. They even helped me to bury a body a while back - so helpful too. :)

I don't feel the police have enough powers as it is, hence why the 'kids' feel they can get away with anything these days. A sharp clip to the ear without the fear of legal retaliation is what's needed again.

Then again, I didn't watch the programme, and of course there will be some numpties, but on the whole they do seem pretty reasonable to me. They even helped me to bury a body a while back - so helpful too. :)

It will be repeated tonight I think or go watch it on I player or whatever it is and tell me you have any respect for the Police.

No the WPC last night was just a vicious little bully, threw the girl on the ground really hard and never even arrested her, you earn respect not just get it because you wear a uniform.

As I said in my post, I didn't see the program in question, so didn't comment.

My point was that the overall negativity towards Police in this thread (and in general) is silly. It's like hearing about someone getting murdered and saying "Right that's it..... all humans are a waste of space, I'm only going to talk to dogs from now on." Yes that's a silly example, but it's the same mentality.

I agree, but I also get that there are going to be a range of people in any group. They'll never get rid of the racists, homophobes etc from the Police force, and giving them powers to do whatever they want is not a good idea - same with teachers really, it'd be nice if they could give kids a clip round the ear, but not unless there's some form of checking to make sure it's not discrimination.

As I said in my post, I didn't see the program in question, so didn't comment.

My point was that the overall negativity towards Police in this thread (and in general) is silly. It's like hearing about someone getting murdered and saying "Right that's it..... all humans are a waste of space, I'm only going to talk to dogs from now on." Yes that's a silly example, but it's the same mentality.

You missunderstand my point was how come the police let this be shown when there is already so much negativity towards them.

You missunderstand my point was how come the police let this be shown when there is already so much negativity towards them.

I didn't misunderstand it at all, I didn't comment on it....you could very well have a point about that particular incident.... I didn't see the program, so chose I not to comment ;):)

I was being naughty and going off-topic and talking about the blanket negativity towards Police, as I think on the whole, it's unjustified :)